As far as protagonists go - a dead snake is quite unique isn't it? Kulebra and the Souls of Limbo looks incredible charming with wonderful visuals. Kulebra and the Souls of Limbo is a 3D adventure game set in Limbo, where you go off and meet many good (and not so good) folks where they're cursed to live out a time-loop of the same day.
It does sound delightfully weird and it's the visuals that really grab your attention. With brightly coloured and inviting 3D spaces, mixed with 2D paper-craft styled characters and environments that reminds me a little of Skellboy Refractured. Check out their previous trailer below:
- Explore and interact with the world to gather clues and items that will help you open doors in your quest (figuratively and literally).
- A game that will reward you for interacting with the world, paying attention to details, and connecting the dots.
- Full of characters with their own quirks, side stories, and schedules that bring life to this world despite most of them being very dead.
- An in-game day, dusk, and night cycle that will change the world and characters, ending with the curse that resets the souls of Limbo back to the start.
- A notebook will keep track of important details for you, so you can't blame me if you weren't paying attention.
- Confront the dark souls attempting to put out your light; Overcome their challenges that will test everything you’ve learned in this journey.
- Bilingual! This game supports the English and Spanish languages.
- And many secrets are hidden away for you to find! (If you’re thorough, that is).
The developers are now crowdfunding it on Kickstarter, where they hope to get $60,000 by November 18. There's a lengthy demo available to so you can get a real feel for what to expect on itch.io and Steam.