GDQuest, a well-known name in the free and open source Godot Engine land has launched a new crowdfunding campaign aiming to get you to go from zero to hero with Godot programming. A course aimed at anyone and everyone who fancies getting into making games with Godot.
The founder of GDQuest, Nathan Lovato, emailed in a little info about it: " Learn to Code From Zero is a course for everyone who wants to learn development.
With it, you will learn programming from the very basics to creating a complete video game inspired by the hectic action game Enter the Gungeon.
Game development courses typically consist of hours of step-by-step tutorials. They feel nice while you follow along, but as soon as you're left alone, working on your game, you get stuck.
That's because, as in an instruction manual for furniture, the instructor shows you all the steps but doesn't explain why they do what they do.
Learn to Code From Zero uses a different approach based on exploring many small projects, each focusing on a specific technique and building upon the previous ones."
Over a course of 7 modules it will help to teach you 100 programming techniques. It will include:
- Dozens of small projects showing real-world toy programs and game mechanics to learn everything in context.
- A mix of videos and written guides to first learn through practice, then dive deeper and understand how it all works.
- Cheat-sheets to review new techniques at a glance.
- Dozens of assignments that gradually get more challenging to learn to think like a programmer.
- An interactive app running in your web browser to practice conveniently and faster than ever.
During the campaign they will be releasing free videos about creating games with Godot on YouTube every day.
They're hoping to raise at least €20,000 and it has already been funded! Check out he crowdfunding campaign if interested.