Fury Unleashed, a modern action-platformer that has an awesome style to it recently had a huge upgrade finally bringing with it online co-op support. Taking inspiration from other rogue-lite platformers including Dead Cells and Rogue Legacy with a little explosive flair from Contra and Metal Slug it certainly delivers.
One of the key points of interest in Fury Unleashed is how you're playing through a living comic book, with ink being your main valuable resource. Each room you blast through is a different panel from this comic.
Release at the end of October was the big free online co-op upgrade for the game. Trailer is below:
Other fixes that came with the update include:
- Addition of the controller vibration with different preset modes included. Try it out, it's awesome!
- The Save & Quit feature can now be used in every game mode, that includes Online Co-Op.
- In co-op modes, combo time is now increased by 50% while both players are alive.
- Difficulty spike reduction tweaks for the second and third page of the first comic-book world.
- The shield of enemies that wield it, can now be pierced, blocking 60% of damage (from 100%).
- More improvements to translations, with support for the new online-related lines.
- Another set of minor improvements and bug-fixes to both co-op modes.
On top of that, they've begun working on their next game. They haven't formally announced it or even said what it's called but they did give us a little teaser: