Square One Games Inc., Black Isle Studios and Interplay Entertainment are back with another classic revived. Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II is now available with Native Linux support.
"Unspeakable evil has returned to the legendary city of Baldur's Gate in this dungeon-crawling, action RPG fantasy classic. A call for adventurers echoes through the embattled land. Cunning warriors and bold magic users are desperately needed to reclaim Baldur's Gate from a dark sorcery that threatens all in its path."
- Five new heroes with new class feats and abilities
- Hack your way or cast powerful spells through over 80 perilous levels
- Hidden areas, secret characters, and hundreds of items to discover, customize, and use
- Forge unique magical weapons and armor to maximize the damage you inflict in battle
- Conquer hordes of beasts and armies of Hobgoblins, Ghouls, Golems and dreaded Dragons
- Compelling single or two-player cooperative modes of play
What other classics would you like to see revived for modern stores and platforms? Let us know in the comments. There's likely thousands that could do well with a proper re-release don't you think? Some older games just have an atmosphere that plenty of modern games can't touch, although there's a bit of nostalgia at play there at times.