Cassette Beasts is an upcoming monster-collecting RPG from Bytten Studio and publisher Raw Fury. The recent Steam Next Fest demo was pretty great and a new trailer is live now for The MIX event.
An interesting idea for such a game, with you recording various creatures on retro cassette tapes and the fusion system allows you to create tons of unique and powerful monsters. New trailer below:
- Transform into monsters...using retro cassette tapes?! Faced with the constant threat of monster attacks, the residents of Harbourtown, New Wirral choose to fight fire with fire. Record a monster to tape, then play it back to take on its form for battle!
- Fuse monster forms! Getting close to your companion has benefits–while transformed you can combine your strengths to gain the upper hand in battle! Any two monster forms can be fused to produce unique, fully-animated new fusion forms.
- Explore a rich open world Certain monster abilities can be used in human form. You’ll need these to help you get around, solve puzzles, and locate dungeons. Glide, fly, swim, climb, dash, or turn magnetic!
- Travel alongside a diverse cast of human companions Never fight alone! Form bonds, spend time together, and help your selected partner complete personal goals to become a better team. The strength of your relationship determines how well you’re able to fuse!
- Master a deep battle system Take advantage of elemental chemistry to apply extra buffs or debuffs alongside your attack, or even alter your opponent’s elemental type!
In case you missed it, I took a quick look at the previous demo on Steam Deck recently too:
Check it out on Steam.