After multiple testing releases, OpenRA for the playing the classics Red Alert, Command & Conquer and Dune 2000 has now released a major upgrade.
This includes major work towards supporting the game assets from the Command & Conquer Remastered Collection. While not finished (so expect plenty of issues), they have release a Tiberian Dawn HD development preview too. Great to see! More work also went into supporting the likes of Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun but it's not ready yet.
Pictured: OpenRA - Red Alert on Fedora 37.
Just some of the improvements to expect in the new release include:
- New pathfinding for better performance.
- Online play netcode improvements.
- New Red Alert missions support.
- New Tiberian Dawn missions support.
- New text notifications for playing without sound.
- Lots of smaller improvements to Dune 2000 (thanks to the film's popularity).
- The ability to mute other players.
- Lots of bug fixes.
- It's a long list of improvements.
Modders also got some improvements to documentation, they have a VS Code plugin now for their scripting and a VS Code plugin for their Lua too.
Some you may have missed, popular articles from the last month:
No comments yet!
See more from me