While Super Indie Karts already had Native Linux support, it's nice to see another developer making improvements for Steam Deck too.
More about it: "Super Indie Karts is a classic retro '90s style karting game featuring a large curation of Indiegame karts and Indiegame themed race tracks, in both the 16-bit flat Super style and the 64-bit low poly Ultra style. With Time Trials, Grand Prix, Splitscreen GP, Quick Race, and a few Battle Modes.. there's plenty of ways to tackle the tracks!"
In their March 2023 update the developer made these improvements and it's now Steam Deck Verified too:
- Added 16:10 ratio resolutions to the settings, giving a better view on devices such as Steam Deck.
- New resolutions include: 640x400, 960x600, 1280x800, 1440x900, 1680x1050, 1920x1200, 2560x1600, and 3840x2400.
- Added Steam Deck controller glyphs.
- Improvements to First Person View giving much tighter feeling of control.
- Moved camera a little further away from kart in mode7 tracks, less cramped feeling now.
- Added more freedom to the splitscreen cameras so multiplayer feels more like single player again, still more work to do here on drifting.
- Fixed rapid selection problem changing resolution from settings menu in races.
- Fixed some navigation help in TeslaTowerII.
- Fixed TeslaTower64 being near impossible on 200cc.
- Fixed lighting issues in TeslaTowerII and Burrito Bison's Candyland Arena.
- Added colour navigation hint to stairwell windows in BattleMania track FourFloors.
- Raised/lowered music volume level in a few tracks.
- Fixed trophies not having reflections in their material on the podium screen.
- Various under-the-hood bug fixes, far too many to mention.