While Super Indie Karts already had Native Linux support, it's nice to see another developer making improvements for Steam Deck too.
More about it: "Super Indie Karts is a classic retro '90s style karting game featuring a large curation of Indiegame karts and Indiegame themed race tracks, in both the 16-bit flat Super style and the 64-bit low poly Ultra style. With Time Trials, Grand Prix, Splitscreen GP, Quick Race, and a few Battle Modes.. there's plenty of ways to tackle the tracks!"
Screenshot of me testing it on Steam Deck
In their March 2023 update the developer made these improvements and it's now Steam Deck Verified too:
- Added 16:10 ratio resolutions to the settings, giving a better view on devices such as Steam Deck.
- New resolutions include: 640x400, 960x600, 1280x800, 1440x900, 1680x1050, 1920x1200, 2560x1600, and 3840x2400.
- Added Steam Deck controller glyphs.
- Improvements to First Person View giving much tighter feeling of control.
- Moved camera a little further away from kart in mode7 tracks, less cramped feeling now.
- Added more freedom to the splitscreen cameras so multiplayer feels more like single player again, still more work to do here on drifting.
- Fixed rapid selection problem changing resolution from settings menu in races.
- Fixed some navigation help in TeslaTowerII.
- Fixed TeslaTower64 being near impossible on 200cc.
- Fixed lighting issues in TeslaTowerII and Burrito Bison's Candyland Arena.
- Added colour navigation hint to stairwell windows in BattleMania track FourFloors.
- Raised/lowered music volume level in a few tracks.
- Fixed trophies not having reflections in their material on the podium screen.
- Various under-the-hood bug fixes, far too many to mention.
It's actually available for the next 6 days in the Kart Racers Humble Bundle too. Or you can get it direct from Steam.
It's a pain to have to keep manually finding save files on Steam Deck and copy to laptop and PC and I refuse to guy anymore games without it.
See more from me