Sons Of The Forest is one game that was sadly a little too much for the Steam Deck to handle at the release, but now it seems it should run a fair bit better.
In an update released at the end of November the developers not only put in some default settings for the Steam Deck and low-end PCs but they also implemented AMD FSR 2.0, so together it should give a much nicer experience on Steam Deck although you're still looking at 30FPS with drops below. Hopefully they will be able to optimize it further during Early Access.
Main new features added in the update:
- Added new Kelvin abilities and animations for: maintain base, sharpen walls and repair structures.
- New female cannibal type ‘Elise’.
- Added free standing and wall weapon holders.
- Added firewood holder.
- Three new hanging gore types added to trees around world.
- More cannibal villages, bridges, paths and ponds added to world.
- More details/props and gore added to cannibal villages and more new points of interest added to map.
- Added new low lying fog effect.
- Added new decorative papers around camp sites and some new story pickup items.
- Renamed Color Grading setting to Style and added a new style ‘Found Footage’.
- Added FSR 2.0 and added an ultra performance setting for DLSS.
- New dead worker and tactical body poses added.
- Added new findable blueprint to world.
- New findable outfit added to world.
- + Lots of improvements and bug fixes.
Currently it's rated Steam Deck Unsupported due to the performance, and Gold on ProtonDB.
You can buy it on Steam.