GOverlay is the super useful user interface for managing overlays like MangoHud and the vulkan post processing layer vkBasalt. Now though, it's been extended to be even more useful.
With the latest release of GOverlay 0.4 the developer, Benjamim Góis, adding in support for ReplaySorcery which is an open source instant-replay solution we wrote about before here. Keeping things simple, it allows you to store your screen in a buffer ready to capture clips of your action during games and more. Having a UI for it now is pretty sweet too.
Here's how it looks in GOverlay:
The included game image inside the app is just an example, to give you an idea of where you're capturing on your screen. It works great too and it's nice to have another simple option for users.
On top of the addition of ReplaySorcery support, here's the other highlights of GOverlay 0.4:
- New - created hint messages for each application
- New - Toggle keys refactored to F1 - F4 (stock values maintained)
- fix - vkbasalt wasn't correctly activated when running the test button
- fix - vkbasalt doesn't save toggle button option
- fix - vkbasalt doesn't save CAS option when in false state
- fix - Dependency error message doesn't fit screen space
- Fix - font colors doesn't fit light themes in some occasions
You can grab GOverlay on GitHub.