Boxelware did exceptionally well with Avorion, a space exploration sim that lets you build ships together with blocks and they've teased a massive 2.0 update to come.
You could easily say that Avorion is a bit like a space Minecraft but that wouldn't do it enough justice, there's vastly more to it than just building ships with blocks. There's a fleet system, pirates to deal with, a storyline to follow, a trading system and much more. The universe is big too and it's going to get bigger. There's no set date for Avorion 2.0 yet but they have given this new teaser video below:
Some of what to expect from update 2.0:
- New progression system in which players acquire building knowledge of the various materials
- New “Classic Avorion” scenario without the new progression
- Fully configurable “Free Play” scenario
- Captains with specialized talents and personalities
- Improved AI orders to send your ship to go mining, trading, scouting and more
- Improved UI visuals
- Improvements to the independent targeting mechanics
- Many QOL improvements like less micro management, easier traveling to far away sectors and crew management, autopilots, many balancing changes, UI improvements like a sector overview that shows available missions, goods and crew members of all stations, and many more!