PolyMC is easily one of the best Mineraft launchers available, enabling some easy modding on Linux and Steam Deck.
A brand new release is out now with version 1.2.0 and there's quite a lot of changes. One of the big additions is support for the Quilt loader, which is an open-source, community-driven modding toolchain designed primarily for Minecraft. So now you have more options than ever to get Minecraft modded how you want.
Various other improvements include:
- Allow components to specify Java agents and JVM arguments
- A new option to Quit the launcher when you stop the game
- The ability to track and display world sizes
- A version selector for Technic modpacks
- Portable builds for Linux
- Flatpak fixes for Linux
- Improved mod downloader
- Groundwork for ARM64 support
- Basic filtering to the mod downloader
- And much more
Easily now my choice way to mess with Minecraft.
See my previous guide for setting it up on Steam Deck.