PolyMC is easily one of the best Mineraft launchers available, enabling some easy modding on Linux and Steam Deck.
A brand new release is out now with version 1.2.0 and there's quite a lot of changes. One of the big additions is support for the Quilt loader, which is an open-source, community-driven modding toolchain designed primarily for Minecraft. So now you have more options than ever to get Minecraft modded how you want.
Various other improvements include:
- Allow components to specify Java agents and JVM arguments
- A new option to Quit the launcher when you stop the game
- The ability to track and display world sizes
- A version selector for Technic modpacks
- Portable builds for Linux
- Flatpak fixes for Linux
- Improved mod downloader
- Groundwork for ARM64 support
- Basic filtering to the mod downloader
- And much more
Easily now my choice way to mess with Minecraft.
See my previous guide for setting it up on Steam Deck.
Some you may have missed, popular articles from the last month:
No comments yet!
See more from me