While I was briefly away camping, Valve released a few Steam Deck Beta updates so here's a round-up of what's new in case you also missed it.
Spread across a Steam Deck OS (SteamOS) Beta update and a Steam Deck Client update the recent improvements include:
- Fixed styling for CJK keyboard glyphs so everything appears centered correctly on keys
- Fixed Recommended Layout not always showing up for the author of controller configuration
- Fixed CJK font issues in SteamOS updater when running on Steam Deck
- Fixed focus issue when tapping the show/hide password button
- Removed the gap between keys on the virtual keyboard for improved typing
- Improved performance for Forza Horizon 5
- Temporarily reverted RDR2 VRAM workaround to pre-3.3 behavior
- Fixed an issue causing random 0.2s stutter
- Fixed an issue causing performance drops when a UI element appeared on screen if the performance HUD was enabled.
To access these improvements you need to be on the Preview channel for updates which you can find in Settings > System > Steam Update Channel.
Be sure to also check out my important tips and tricks video guide for the Steam Deck: