Three different bits of news to cover for Steam Deck updates today, as Valve pushed out three different upgrades. Here's all that's new.
Firstly, for players of Death Stranding Director's Cut, Valve has put out a fix into SteamOS 3.4 Preview to work around it crashing when you move the right thumbstick on the map to tilt it. Always nice to see Valve fix up things I highlighted previously.
The next one is an update for the Stable version of the Steam Deck OS (SteamOS 3.3.3), which has a "hotfix to enable compatibility with future input firmware". You'll see an update but there's no user-visible changes included right now.
Finally the Steam Deck Client Beta was updated for December 13th to include these changes:
- Fixed issue where a browser opened by a game was sticking around after closing the overlay
- Fixed launch options dialog not closing when cancelling game launch
- Various fixes to make the UI scale better in higher resolutions
- Fixed issue where the virtual keyboard would continuously be made visible after exiting a game
- Added option to start in windowed mode under Settings => Display => Big Picture Mode => Windowed
- Fixed several issues related to popup dialogs being sized incorrectly
- Fixed issue where game hover UI would sometimes get stuck in the upper left corner of the UI
- Fixed sizing of app details DLC hover
- Fixed regression where clicking on DLC & "view all" in the dlc rollup not navigate to the store
- Fixed "Move" and "Uninstall" not working in content management UI.
- Added direct navigation to controller inputs and modes from the preview screen
- Fixed the XBox layout preview page layout having some incorrect items and missing others
- Added a specific XBox Elite layout preview page
- Added a specific Switch Pro layout preview page