Tropico 6 from developer Limbic Entertainment and publisher Kalypso Media now has a release date announced for January 25th, 2019.
I mentioned in my last article, how Linux was missing from the recent press material. This time around, it's being very clearly mentioned for release:
Tropico 6 is scheduled for a worldwide release on Windows PC, Mac, Linux on January 25th 2019 and on PlayStation®4 and Xbox One later in 2019.
It's really nice to see it so clearly mentioned again!
- Play on large archipelagos for the first time in the series. Manage multiple islands at the same time and adapt to various new challenges.
- Send your agents on raids to foreign lands to steal world wonders and monuments, to add them to your collection.
- Build bridges, construct tunnels and transport your citizens and tourists in taxis, buses and aerial cable cars. Tropico 6 offers completely new transportation and infrastructure possibilities.
- Customize the looks of your palace at will and choose from various extras.
- Tropico 6 features a revised research system focusing on the political aspects of being the world’s greatest dictator.
- Election speeches are back! Address the people and make promises that you can’t possibly keep.
- Co-operative and competitive multiplayer for up to four players.
They also have a rather silly trailer:
Sadly, it seems the Beta is still going to be Windows only. Hopefully the Linux version will be seeing enough testing, it does worry me slightly when a Beta is only for one platform, although that's quite common for bigger releases like this.