Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Introduce Yourself!
Page: «17/23»
  Go to:
KayKay91 Sep 20, 2017
Hello there. KayKay91 here.

I have found out about Unix in university through one of the Sun Microsystem computers which used CDE desktop and learned some basic Terminal commands (Mainly moving, copying, removing files, extracting tar files etc.). After not doing so well in uni, I've decided to learn about Linux and started off with Ubuntu in 2014 and went on a journey of finding a distro for me:

* Ubuntu
* Elementary OS
* Fedora Creative Suite
* Linux Mint
* Manjaro
* Antergos
* Arch Linux

I have been using my Lenovo IdeaPad Y550 laptop for Linux stuff, while my PC is currently Windows only. Thinking about buying another SSD and HDD just to have both Linux and Windows in it.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I also try to make Linux Gaming relevant. Mainly by contributing PCGamingWiki.
Desperalaw Nov 11, 2017
Hello everyone !

I'm known on the Internet as Desperalaw.

What you only need to know about me is that I'm a 21 years old gamer and Linux user from France !

I'm new in the GamingOnLinux community but I'm certainly not a new Linux user nor a casual gamer haha.

I've used a lot of distributions like :
- Ubuntu (my first one, started with the 9.04 version)
- Debian
- openSUSE
- ArchLinux
- Manjaroo
- Mageia
- Zorin OS
- Linux Mint
- Fedora (I'm currently using Fedora 26 on my main rig)
And many others that I need to try to find the perfect one for me !

As I said I'm a gamer, so I dual boot Windows 10 along my Fedora 26, but thanks to Steam for Linux I can play nearly half of my Game library in Linux.

And as both a Linux gamer and user, I'm contributing to the Wine project by submitting my tests results on the AppDB.

If you wanna play some games with me, don't hesitate to check out my profile and add me on Steam ! ;-)

Thanks for reading and many thanks to liamdawe for creating the GamingOnLinux website and feeding it with news ! :-)
tonR Dec 14, 2017
Hello! I’m Tone (not real name), male/mid-20’s/ somewhere in Klang Valley, Malaysia. Doesn’t have any background in tech industry. Knows about Linux since 2003/04 (Red Hat or Lindows forgot already) by my friend’s father. Started using it primarily since 2014 after my paid antivirus subscription ends and Windows XP is nearing EOL at that time. Discovered Gaming on Linux via Google News search about 1.5 years ago and become avid reader since then (Googling about Linux gaming news is still depressing you know). Decided to open GOL account because wanted to give inputs and/or views from Southeast Asia’s perspective.

Thank you for your time and again…
Hello Everyone! :D
Zybersun Feb 3, 2018
Just joined. Great place. I have been a Linux user since the late 90's. Strictly Linux, no dual boot, etc., for a few years now. I am a gamer but I am not a hardcore gamer, though on occasions I do find a game or two I obsess with, sometimes for years. Lately I have found none or nothing long term. Anyways, Hello All.
MeanOldBoomer Mar 3, 2018
I just realised....I've been lurking here for years and never registered...soo...here I am :D
Been using and gaming on Linux since 1995, I still remember the sheer joy of getting the original Unreal working under an early version of Wine lol :D
Anyway, 43 yr old british guy here, use Linux extensively for work and play :D
Recently got addicted to Elder Scrolls Online again, as it's now working properly under Wine again lol, well, that and Eve online and various native Linux games!
I act as an advocate for a few apps and games for Codeweavers Crossover, and post under my real name (I know right???) in wine AppDB, mostly under the ESo section lol :D
KevinDunst May 10, 2018
Hi, everyone! Newbie here. I'm glad to have found this great online Linux Gaming community. I'm hoping to have fun and to learn more from the other members here. Cheers!
hopeyeu May 11, 2018
Hi. I'm Hope and I'm an oxygen addict.

Been using Linux off and on for a few years now, typically on my second PC, and am currently developing a game that I'm hoping to release on Ubuntu.
BFG9000 May 25, 2018
Hi everyone!

I've always been interested in Linux, but only recently started to use it as my main OS. I'm still learning and Wine can be a pain lol, but thanks to GOL's articles I now have a huge list of native Linux games to get in the future! Thank you for the articles and great community!
namiko Sep 8, 2018
Huh. Didn't intro here. Well... I flame comment on articles more than forum post, so here's something new to do. :D

I'm Namiko (Namikoyo on Steam), love Visual Novels mainly (even before they were on Steam) but also like most games that have a good story or sexy naked times engrossing gameplay.

Linux gamer for nearly a decade now! Woo!
Upokupo Mar 15, 2019
Hello, everyone!

I'm a few hours young with this website. I have recently converted several of my pc's in my home to linux. (Arch, i.e. Manjaro, Antergos, ArcoLinux). I'm loving the Arch way of doing things combined with the Deepin Desktop Environment. I love to game on PC and have emulators to run my backups and I play games on Steam as well as the the open source free games you can run (i.e. 0A.D., Battle for Wesnoth, etc...). My main machine is a Samsung Chromebook. I can't run the latest and greatest games but I can run a ton of other high quality games on it. I also use PlayOnLinux for my windows games of yesteryear. I am now 100% Windows free and loving it. It's great to see other gamers on linux. I hope to bump into some of you playing games online. :D
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.