You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Introduce Yourself!
Page: «18/23»
  Go to:
Avikarr May 5, 2019
Hello everyone!
My name is Radomir and I used Linux from time to time since the release of Mandrake 8 when I was just a kid. Unfortunately I was (and I still am) too much a gamer person, so I had to stay on Windows for all this time. And the thing was, in that time when I was a kid, Linux in Polish language was almost impossible to get due to limited internet access in Poland in early 2000s.
Fortunately, recently Linux has changed sooo much if it comes to gaming, and overall usability, that I decided some time ago to format my disk with Windows completely, and use it as a storage for music on my Xubuntu (sic!). I just had to!
We came all this way for so long and finally I can say: "Yeah! Gaming on Linux is definitely a thing!".
I noticed this website around a month ago, and I'm visiting it almost everyday, so yeah, hello everyone again, and let's rock with true gaming on our beloved operating system! Greetings!
lindagriffithh Jul 17, 2019
I am the rare person who changed Linux to Windows. My name is Linda.
Rooster Jul 17, 2019
Quoting: lindagriffithhI am the rare person who changed Linux to Windows. My name is Linda.

Hi Linda,

Welcome to this great community. May I ask why did you decide to change to Windows? Was it gaming related? Which distro did you use before.

Don't worry, I'm asking simply out of curiousity, everyone is welcomed here, no matter what OS you use.
MrNilsson Jul 26, 2019
Hey everyone, I'm Nils, 35 years old and I'm from Germany. As I was not happy with Win 10 anymore, I tried Linux 3 weeks ago. Actually I'm switching between Manjaro (KDE) and Mint (Cinnamon) but I'm using Manjaro the most. I think this one will replace Win 10 for me.

I loved to play Rainbow Six Siege and a bit Fortnite, but hey there are also other good games on Linux as I saw here already. On the PS 4 I love to play games like The Last of Us, Assassin's Creed, Horizon Zero Dawn or Fifa for example.

Maybe I'll switch back to Counter Strike soon, plus I haven't played the Battle Royale mode yet. The first games I played on Linux were SuperTuxKart and the point-and-click adventure Demetrios - The BIG Cynical Adventure.
on_en_a_gros Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone, as a very long time reader I decided a few weeks ago to create an account, and it's now time for a little presentation.

I discovered Linux in 2010 with Ubuntu, when I still was a console gamer. Quickly Linux became my dayli driver and after a few I got rid of windows (vista) In 2015, when I bought a new pc, a gaming pc these time, I had to reuse windows (8). It wasn't to my taste, but drivers for gaming hardware and GPU was way much easier to manage, and game availability was of course much better.
But I couldn't help my self, I loved Linux much more than windows, so I dualbooted again, and purchased 3 Linux compatible game (dying light, hammerwatch and Schroedinger's cat and the raider of the lost quark) just to see if Linux could be a viable gaming platform, and it was, I never looked back to windows, and I'am now a Linux gamer ^_^.
Buda_Gerg Nov 13, 2019
Hi Guys & Girls,

I'm Gergely, computer scientist and hardware enthusiast from Budapest, Hungary

I'm a long time Linux user and gamer.

I think i'm going to feel right at home here :)

Thanks
guyjin Jan 13, 2020
Hell

...or rather, hello :)

Realized I haven't used the forum here yet, and was reminded of it by Twitter. I've been using Linux full time since 2015, mostly Linux Mint, though I'll have to drop it shortly (they're dropping my DE of choice).
Solarwing Jul 27, 2020
So this is where I can introduce myself? Well I'm a social disease and have a bad sense of humour.I believe that an attack from Mars would "cheer up" our ordinary life on this planet which is a spinning disaster. By telling this "nice" story I have warmed myself up to real introduction.I've been known formely here as Grim reaper. A depressing name eh?I'm not an expert on Linux field but I know something of IT. I live in Europe and I've followed this website closely for many years.I have written comments every now and then. I try to improve my english by reading english books and I practise it here. I use Mint linux distro atm because it feels easy to use. Is there a better distro? I don't know. But this will do for now. What I hope getting from here? Nothing special. Only chatting about Linux a bit and make some colourless comments.

thank you
Jared Jul 27, 2020
Hello everyone. This might be a bit late for an introduction but I didn't see this thread initially. I've used Linux during the summer last year on a virtual machine and on bare metal since late December. My first distribution (on a vm) was Arch and PopOS (on bare metal). I have distrohopped from PopOS to Linx Mint to Manjaro to Fedora to Ubuntu to OpenSUSE to Gentoo to FreeBSD and then finally to Arch on multiple machines. I'm still getting use to setting up WINE manually and trying to use vim and emacs more efficiently as my time on Linux progress. I mostly try to get native Linux games as opposed to using Proton, though if needs be I am not objected to the idea, in addition to open source titles. I do wish in the future to contribute to this website by submitting articles and to the Linux community by bug reporting and kearning to code so I can be apart of the Linux gaming revolution 😎. Anyways that was my introduction, sorry for any of the inconsistencies in the sentences.

Hopefully I would be able to meet other Linux gamers as well. Thanks for taking the time to read.

Last edited by Jared on 25 November 2020 at 2:20 pm UTC
Pendragon Nov 8, 2020
Hello World

Programmer by day, nerd/geek/asian-culture enthusiast/music lover by night

I remember first getting interested in linux 20 years ago.. Finally made the switch as a full-time Windows desktop replacement last year and haven't regretted a minute of it

Currently *just* upgraded my rig -- wanted to be ready for Cyberpunk 2077 when it drops finally
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.