Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Introduce Yourself!
Page: «9/23»
  Go to:
Jun 29, 2015
Hey everybody :), I am 22 years old and from Liverpool, UK. I have been using Linux for about 5 years and loved it haha. I also love gaming, so I try to buy games that run on Linux. So I thought I would sign up to the website :).
Slackdog Jul 4, 2015
Old school gamer originally from Liverpool now slumming it near that London. M$ free for about 3 years :)
Stebs Jul 27, 2015
Hi, i'm Stebs and I can't believe that until now I didn't have an account here, reading this site since long, since I switched from Windows to Linux for my main (gaming) PC about 2 Years ago. My old Netbook (now new Notebook) did the switch already 4 Years ago, but gaming an an Atom (and now HD4000) was not really a high priority...

Just wanted to post something in the forum and was shocked to find out I still apparently had no account, so... here I am...
... And hello to all!
Guest Jul 27, 2015
Quoting: psy-qHey there, I'm 36, gamer on many platforms for 30 years and I'm just now getting ready to delete my Windows partition for the second time in my life, the last time was around 2004 or so. I don't know which game led me back there, but thanks to GOG, Humble Store and Valve, we really can't complain about a lack of good GNU/Linux games today.

I haven't enjoyed any epoch in gaming as much as this one so far. Indie games, retro stuff, old games rereleased, the DRM-free movement, wow! Happy to see you around here and hoping to support the Patreon for a long time.

very similar :D
ZekThePenguin Jul 31, 2015
Hello fellow penguins! Zek the Penguin here. I'm 33 and am a Linux Mint user. My introduction to Linux came around 2007 when I was researching ways to revive/speed up an old laptop and came across Puppy Linux. I downloaded the .iso, learned what a .iso is, and installed Puppy 4.2.5. It totally blew me away how much of it I could customize!!! Been a Linux fan since.
I'm a bit odd for a Linux user in that I use the GUI exclusively, aside from VERY simple copy/paste for a few programs. (Even blog about my experiences as a Linux end-user at penguinzek.blogspot.com)
I play mostly platformers and old-school games, but I enjoy all games. I've recently committed to buying and playing only Linux games. I play the Windows games I have in WINE, but I won't buy any more. This site is AWESOME btw!
manus76 Jul 31, 2015
hello there
Arek from Poland, currently living in Germany. Played with linux in the past but there was always an odd game or two that kept me going back to Windows. Not anymore, Deleted win partition and went all linux, with so much software, including native games I'm gonna stay here for good ;-)
As many others I tried many distros before settling with one that works best for me. In my case it's Linux Mint KDE, snappy, stable, endlessly customizable and aesthetically appealing.
Wish everyone fun with linux and linux gaming, and thx for this great site.
cheers
SadPenguin Aug 1, 2015
Hey.

I'm Joannis from the Netherlands. I run Ubuntu for gaming and ArchLinux + Hackintosh for development on my laptop. My PC with Ubuntu is currently a dual-boot with Windows 8.1 for the games and hardware that I'm missing on linux and that don't work with Wine yet.

Currently I'm on vacation and have been reading a lot about Windows 10 which I was getting quite excited for. I planned to run Windows 10 in KVM with a video card attached to it when I read that on privacy and openness it's a major step backwards.

There's always a game or two in the back of my mind (Like Elite Dangerous right now) that keep me playing on Windows as stated above. I decided to say "No more". I never used a console for their exclusives and I won't use Windows for their exclusives. Linux is decently sized enough and still growing. And wine will fix most of my problems with for example Blizzard's games.

I'm currently waiting for Skylake to release and then I'm going to rebuild my computer from scratch with the exception of my videocard which I'm going to replace when NVidia released their next card in 2016.
MatthewAllan93 Sep 15, 2015
Link to older post - https://www.gamingonlinux.com/forum/topic/2/page=10#5014

Hello,
I just reopened my account on here. I look forward to getting to know everyone :).
BlackBloodRum Nov 2, 2015
Hi,

I'm not very good at the whole intro things so I'll keep this short.

I am a long time Linux user who has been using Linux since 2003 and for years I've been struggling to run games on Wine, and am very much happy that Steam has come to Linux :-). Although I've seen wine games get better and better over the years also!

My workstation runs Fedora 22.
Arehandoro Nov 17, 2015
Hi,

Another one that's not good at self introductions.

I have been using alternatively Linux for a while now, I studied server admin few years back, but not until recently for gaming. My distro is Debian Testing. Recently I finished Shadow of Mordor on Steam and wanted to re-play Mass Effect but keep struggling to install origin under wine/playonlinux. I wish there was a way to play NBA 2K15/16 too.

Cheerio.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.