Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Introduce Yourself!
Page: «13/23»
  Go to:
FireStarW Oct 8, 2016
Hello, I signed up here to add my pc for this sites stats months ago but never said hi.
I've been using almost exclusively linux for the past few years, the steam beta and TF2 port a while ago helped with that as I am a big Team Fortress 2 player. At this point I only keep dual boot for Reflex. Using linux as a primary driver is pretty good, can even livestream games with it with no hitches.

I also collect older console games, currently have all U.S Nintendo consoles, All Segas except Saturn, Atari 2600, PS1+PS2, and XBOX.
j_c_p Oct 13, 2016
Hello here,

I'm a Linux gamer under Gentoo (since 2001!) and I'm more focused on strategic games (Age Of Wonders III, AI war, Stellaris for example).

All the best,
jean-christophe.
prosoor Oct 24, 2016
Hello fellow Linux gamers,

I am nobody average Joe from your small european country.

My rig is decent for playing games in 1440p, and streaming to Steam link on my 1K TV. I love horror games like Alien Isolation, Amnesia, Outlast, Monstrum and SOMA. My favorite leisure-time game though is CoH1 (which works well under wine). And I like CoH2 for new features but CoH1 is for me better. I despise "just go forward and shoot" games.

I work in a small company as an system engineer (I've sold my soul to Microsoft and their certifications). In Linux world I have LPIC-1, currently working on LPIC-2 (lpic's are ok, but real certs are red hat ones!!!).

I dual-boot Kubuntu with Windows 10, for which I have legal licence box, and I resort to booting into Windows only when I want to play games like Doom, GTA V, or new Rise of the Tomb Raider.

It makes me sad that hype over SteamOS and Steam machines is over, that Steam Machines proved slow, money funding for SteamOS project from Valve is over, and that many companies that make best and blockbuster games only resort to Windows versions of the games now.
bytheclouds Oct 27, 2016
Hello there, I'm just a guy from Ukraine. When I was a teen and was using Windows, I loved classic CRPGS (Planescape and Arcanum being my all-time favorites), and generally played tons of stuff between 1998 and 2005 or so. Then I stopped playing mainly because my PC couldn't handle the newer games (spoiler: I upgraded my Pentium 4 in 2012, after I had it for more than 10 years). I started dual-booting with Ubuntu Karmic in 2009, and promptly got rid of Windows for good in 2010 (never installed it since). I distrohopped a lot between Ubuntu, Mint, Slackware (yes), Debian unstable (one love), before settling on Xubuntu for mainly gaming compatibility reasons. Yes, by that time I had a new and moderately shiny PC (i5-3570, gtx960 4 gb), and suddenly there was a lot of games for Linux. So yeah, I'm now sitting at 220 games in my library (95% of which available for Linux) and when people on reddit say that Linux has no games I get a bit triggered.
My current favorite games are X-Coms (both), Darkest Dungeon, Sunless Sea, TBoI:Rebirth and (always) Dwarf Fortress.
CleanWater Nov 3, 2016
Hi,

I'm CleanWater, 25 years old indie game developer. I know Linux for a long, long time ago...

Currently, my games offer support for this system through SteamOS, but aren't well know by the community yet, so, by the suggestion of the Gaming On Linux twitter account, I entered this forum to get some feedback on how to make it become more known by you guys. I'm now awaiting my topic to be approved.
7IJ7o Nov 3, 2016
I am フリプ and using Linux since end of 2013 for every task (Office, Photo & Video Editing, Gaming).
km3k Dec 1, 2016
Hi everyone,

My name is Kevin Becker and I'm a 31 year old software engineer. I just had my first article published on GOL so I figured I should introduce myself. I've lurked around GOL for a few years but haven't done much other than comment on articles until now.

I have a wife and three kids so my time for games isn't what it used to be. I've been gaming since the early 90's and have used Linux since 2003. I've settled on Arch Linux as my primary distro for about the last 10 years. I tend to talk to other Linux users on Twitter and have contributed to a few open source projects at github and elsewhere, like an unattributed fix to the Linux kernel. I develop software on Linux as my job. I've been involved with testing quite a few Linux games. You can see screenshots of a few of them on my Steam profile, but I should make a list of all of them some day.

I took over maintenance of The Zork Library website a few years ago and maintain a guide to running Zork games on modern operating systems there. I really enjoy getting games working on Linux that don't already do so natively.

I primarily enjoy adventure/exploration games and puzzle games, but I occasionally enjoy a good FPS too. Grim Fandango is one of my favorites. A few other games I recently enjoyed were Soma, The Talos Principle, Pony Island, Human Resource Machine and Grow Home. I really hope the new Doom ends up coming to Linux. :D
nate Dec 2, 2016
Hey all. I’ve been playing computer games since 1989, before it was a ‘mainstream’ thing to do. My first operating system was MS-DOS. And my first Windows was 3.1. I really hated the general direction that Microsoft went in after Windows XP, so I refused to upgrade and continued reinstalling XP on new builds up until September of this year when I made the full switch to Linux Mint (Cinnamon). No regrets thus far. Linux is good for all my needs (reading the news, programming projects, and a little gaming).
Daerandin Dec 4, 2016
Hello everyone. I have known about this forum for quite some time, but never registered here before now. I am a 32 year old guy who do a bit of hobby programming when I have free time, and play a lot of games. I am currently employed full time as Teamleader in a distribution center, while also having recently started on a bachelor's degree in informatics. So yeah, I don't have much free time these days.

I enjoy a wide variety of games, and I have a strong passion for gaming and Linux. I have been running Arch Linux for several years, and am a happy user of i3 as my window manager. I also have Debian installed on dual boot, primarily since I run the testing repos in Arch and could end up with an unbootable system in rare circumstances.

My system is a laptop, because I like to be able to bring my system with me easily no matter where I go.

When not running native games (or older games in DosBox), I primarily use PlayOnLinux since I prefer to select the Wine version myself instead of the system wine version. There have been cases where the newest wine version does not work with certain games, and I need my games to be working at all times. I rarely play multiplayer, and if I do it is almost exclusively coop type games.

I have two primary places where I buy games, Steam and GOG. I absolutely love GOG for their strict no-DRM policy.

I hope to get to know you guys here, and contribute and participate when I have the time.
war4head Dec 8, 2016
Hi, I'm Ivan start to use Linux 2003 for fun, but now using Linux in any IT section. Love to play games in free time on Linux
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.