Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Introduce Yourself!
Page: «14/23»
  Go to:
Strykai Dec 22, 2016
Hi, I've been lurking for a while and thought I'd finally register as this is a great place for Linux gaming info! Cheers!
Joeyboots80 Jan 1, 2017
I have been on this site for some months now, and I had forgotten to introduce myself when I first joined. My name is Joe and you may call me Joe, Joey, or Boots if you like. I am a former windows user turned Linux user. I have been using Linux seriously for 3 years now and finally nuked my dual-boot partition last year and swore off windows for good. This is my home now and I want to say I am thrilled to be part of such a brilliant community. Much love to all of you, my new extended family. :)
Aro Jan 18, 2017
Hi everyone.
After following GOL for a long time on twitter and some tweets with liam I thought it is time to register on this page.
Also I can now finally really enjoy gaming on linux because getting a 144 Hz Monitor fixed the obscure tearing I had in games.
About me: I am an IT-Student, programming mainly in Java and teached myself phyton last summer.
I'm using Arch with the budgie desktop on both, laptop and Desktop and i play mostly RocketLeague and DotA2 + different indie titles on my weaker laptop.

Wish you a good 2017.
ZekThePenguin Jan 18, 2017
I'm Zek the Penguin. Used to be known only as Zek, then I converted to Linux and friends noticed my desktop always had a penguin on it... Now I call all Linux users penguins. lol
Tried out Puppy Linux in 2009 to revive an old laptop and was blown away by how fast it! Then I was blown away by how I could change EVERYTHING about my desktop in the span of a few minutes! Low spec capability brought me in, but freedom converted me to a full-time Linux user!
Now I use Solus mostly. I keep a live USB with Puppy. I write stories, record music, watch movies and TV, and play games on Linux.
On Steam, I tend to stick to Linux games that run on lower-end hardware and support controllers. Outside of Steam, I play Minetest and Battle for Wesnoth. That's about all I have time for right now.
Sid1453 Jan 20, 2017
hi
im sid frome cyprus.sid is using linux mint 1 years now cuz windows Business policy is sucks sick....

i now that was short but we can talk later:)
bent Jan 20, 2017
Hey all! Just found this site a few days ago. Long time Linux user (redhat 5'ish days) and after years of distro hopping I settled on Debian Jessie. I do network security and compliance consulting for a living. Huge proponent of Linux, OSS, and the hope one day more parts of society and business will become more "Open" and collaborative.

Long time gamer and have done networking and power management for many 200+ person LAN's over the last 15 years. Love games like Civilization (woo civ6 coming to linux soon!!), TF2, CS:GO, and nethack. Trying to get into coding but pretty junior at the moment.

You'll find me on freenode with the same nickname. Cheers!
leafo Jan 21, 2017
Hello. Nice to meet you all. I'm surprised I haven't registered here sooner. My name is Leaf, I founded the website itch.io. I've been a full time linux user for the past 8 years. I do all my developer on linux, and when I play games I try to do it on linux if possible. I use archlinux everywhere, from servers to desktops/laptops. I also like to write and record music, which I do all in linux. I'm a big fan of the programming language lua, and I use the awesome window manager.

Glad to have an account here.
razing32 Jan 21, 2017
I never noticed this thread before.

I had PCs since I was 5 , my first being a IBM 386 on MS-DOS.
The first Linux i ever saw was Red Hat used as a 'router' when internet first came to my country. I did not like it as it had very few games. Till the present day I have played with Linux ocassionally , especially when needing to recover files after Windows got a terminal virus infection.

After playing with Arch I relaised I liked it and after seeing Win 10 EULA I decided it was time to make the switch.
I plan to run Win via PCI passthrough just for a few games but only games will sit on it and Linux will be my main OS and have all my files.
Jan 21, 2017
Hello together!
Since november I am testing the waters with Linux(Mint).
The user experience is great!
The plan is to completely move to linux at the latest win7 support runs out in 2019.
I like all kinds of games, especially open source and moddable ones!
Currently I´m creating a doom mod.
Cheers!
mindplague Jan 27, 2017
Hi there! I've been using Linux solely at home for just over a decade. I used to game on Windows prior to that and on the PS3/PS4 for the better part of the last decade. Been getting back into PC gaming (w/ Linux) for about 2 years now. Need to upgrade the rig though. Currently playing Battlefield 1 (PS4) and Dying Light (Steam Linux) so if you see me playing, join up!

Xubuntu/Lubuntu fan but finding my way around Antergos (xfce) lately.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.