Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Introduce Yourself!
Page: «15/23»
  Go to:
tomlowshang Feb 1, 2017
Hello all. I'm an old guy who has used Linux in 1994 and, consequently, missed the PC gaming explosion that Windows created. Its fantastic that there so many native Linux games on Steam now. Sadly, only a handful of the games appeal to my very limited tastes (an example is Ultimate General). Currently I'm playing a few old Windows games (Steel Panthers: World at War and the original Close Combat series) on Wine.
neocron Feb 6, 2017
Hello everyone, this is neocron. I have been playing on Linux for some years now and today I decided it was the right time to join the community!
DarthWound Feb 7, 2017
Hello there!

I'm Alex, a global Steam moderator living in Corsica, using GNU/Linux since 2000's, with Windows in dual-boot sometimes (for Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and other big games that I love which aren't available -yet-). I've co-funded the french Crunchbang (rip) community and created "Viperr GNU/Linux", a Fedora remix running Openbox heavily inspired by crunchbang in the early days, but I don't work on it anymore (someone else keeps my baby alive of course).

I've sold my gaming laptop and I'm using my Thinkpad E540 (with Fedora+GNOME and several setups in my VMs) which is crap to play on 3D games but I hope I'll be able to build a new rig soon :p
EDIT november2017: built a new rig last month! Ryzen5+RX580 :)

If you have any (community related) issue on Steam and if you need help on the GOL' Steam group (I'll join it later) feel free to get in touch with me.

I register here because it could be interesting and helpful sooner or later, and I'll try to support this awesome website when I'll be able to do that.
Liam Dawe Feb 7, 2017
Welcome everyone, thanks for being here :)
djzk Feb 17, 2017
Hello fellow penguins :)

I'm 25 years old. I have been a Linux user for a long time and been a Linux gamer since almost 7 years.

Glad to be here.

--djzk
neocron Feb 17, 2017
Welcome djzk!
miljac Mar 3, 2017
Hi guys! Really long time lurker here, I have been lurking on this site from around it's beginnings :D

I decided it's time to finally register and say hi!

I am 27 years old, and I am from Croatia. Hi to everyone! :)
AbsyntheSyne Mar 3, 2017
Hewwo :O

I'm 20 years old, from USA, about a month ago I started using Linux full-time, don't regret it at all.

Before then I dual-booted with Windows 10 for Forza. Then Forza stopped working. So I said "screw this lol LINUX TRAIN"

idk what else to say so.. yeahh.. hai everyone! :P
Citiroller Mar 4, 2017
Hello Linux gamers,

I'm 18 years old, from Germany, I'm registered on GoL since more than two years but never took the time to say hi ^_^ …
I'm using Linux since I can think, because my father works as a system administrator in a big computing centre and uses Linux at home since a long time.
When Steam came to Linux late 2012 I was genuinely excited because it meant I could finally play games at my home, not relying on entries at the wine appDB stating the game may run or not :D we never had a Windows OS until then. Eventually we bought a copy of Windows7 and I started dual booting, because of some games (LoL and other win only titles) I wanted to play with my friends.
Today I still have a Windows HDD in my case, but I barely boot it up as it's hell of a trip installing all those updates after not using it for a few months :D Today I use Antergos (Ubuntu before) for everything and appreciate the development of Linux as an everyday OS for every use (even gaming) in the last 18 years.

Cedric
neocron Mar 8, 2017
Welcome everyone!
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.