Favourite Linux IDE?
Page: «3/9»
  Go to:
Eike Nov 30, 2016
I'm using (if I find time and motivation after programming on Windows at work) Eclipse CDT.
edo Nov 30, 2016
Netbeans is my favorite, definitely. I just have to add a GTK UI configuration to make it looks nice and it make it alot better
Trump Dec 12, 2016
For quick or small projects I tend to use Nano with tmux + other crap. Other times I use Atom.io
StackMasher Dec 15, 2016
xed, make, and gcc
amatai Dec 15, 2016
I use vim too on a daily basis. I'm surprised so few people here use it.
Corben Dec 19, 2016
I used to work with Eclipse, but it felt heavy and getting slower with each update. At work we have a special version of micro emacs, which still is an IDE, as you can compile your C programs from it and jump into the code when having errors.
For minor changes on text files, I just use vim... but meanwhile my favorite editor is Sublime Text 3.
I've found a video tutorial online, called Perfect Workflow with Sublime Text, and that showed my how awesome Sublime Text is.
Meanwhile Atom.io might be also quite similar, or even Microsoft's Visual Code... but I still stick with Sublime Text, as I payed the license fee (imho it's totally worth it) and got so used to it, that I don't want to have any other editor again.
It lacks some features big IDEs have, but I can get along with that.
marcus Jan 4, 2017
Vim for anything bash/c++/python
QtCreator for larger C++ code
Grimfist Jan 23, 2017
I've been using Eclipse what seems like forever for every type of project I work on, mostly because I use it at work. But I recently tested IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition and I really love it. Now I own the Complete Pack Subscription from Jetbrains and use IntelliJ IDEA, CLion (cmake based C++ IDE), WebStorm (best JavaScript I ever used) and PHPStorm. The integration of all related toolchains and other external tools is just amazing. I am now trying their issue tracking system Youtrack, cause integrated issue tracking right in the IDE is also very cool.
Given, I have to pay 25 bucks a month, but these tools are totally worth it.
mborse Feb 10, 2017
QtCreator for C++, VIM for everything else.
lucinos Feb 10, 2017
I use Geany and it is really good.

One question. Is there a way to highlight the code for python3 syntax instead of python2?
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.