Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Your Linux BattleStations
Page: «4/4
  Go to:
v3ntox Feb 24, 2021

The machine + retro stuffs
Pangaea Jan 30, 2022
This thread may fit, as opposed a whole new thread for small news.

With hardware prices still well into the stratosphere (or worse), I can't afford a full upgrade. However, after years of looking at this chassis, and looking at my now 21-year old chassis... I figured it was time to fork out. Purchased a Phanteks P600S. Specifically wanted the version with proper doors on both sides (not the 'window' types), because those have sound dampening on both sides. Set it up a week or so ago, and I'm very pleased so far. Finally have inputs on the front of the chassis!! Hahaha :D

It comes with 3x140mm fans, and has room for four more. But I'm satisfied with what there is. Can have a water cooler system as well, but don't think I'll ever dare that. Cable management on this chassis is a dream, and it looked so neat and nice. May also be the first time I started up a rig after upgrades, without a single error beep or suchlike. Oftentimes a HDD connector is dodgy or something else. But now everything worked, which was nice. so easy to get to everything, so I look forward to the day (in the distant future perhaps) when I can upgrade the hardware too.

Am amazed this chassis hasn't gotten more cover, but perhaps it's hard to break through the domination of Fractal and a few others. Great chassis in any case, and everything oozes of build quality :)
Avehicle7887 Jan 30, 2022
Last week I saved this Dell Inspiron Mini 910 from becoming e-waste. It's quite old - released around 2008. For many people it's obsolete.

Specs: Intel Atom N270 (no 64bit support), 1GB DDR2 Ram, 16GB mSata SSD (faulty), Intel GMA 950 (supports up to OpenGL 1.4)

I don't plan to spend much money on it, at most will upgrade the ram to 2GB and buy a new SSD. For the moment I installed the OS on a pendrive.

It can't run Crysis, but it can run Quake 2

Last edited by Avehicle7887 on 30 January 2022 at 9:42 pm UTC
Pengling Feb 21, 2022

This one's probably a bit too dinky to be called a "battlestation", but here it is anyway. :P It's a GPD Win Max 2021, which, when closed, is the size of an A5 notebook.
Xpander May 28, 2022
Update :D (thanks Liam for making me remember this post)
AngryAnt May 28, 2022

Source specs:

Processor: 12 threads of a Ryzen 3700X (3.7 GHz)
Memory: 16 GB static allocation
Video Card: RX590 pass-through
Sound Card: RX590 pass-through
Operating System: NixOS on Proxmox host
Kernel: Xanmod
Filesystem: xfs on host zfs, fully buffered
Desktop Environment: Plasma
Session: x11
Tweaks:
- Pam memlock limits removed
- Ananicy + priority for Steam
- Corectrl
- Gamemode
Sources:
- Steam
- PCSX2
- RPCS3
- Heroic

Client specs:

Processor: Pentium Gold 4425Y (2x2 @ 1.7 GHz)
Memory: 4 GB shared
Video Card: UHD Graphics 615
Sound Card: Onboard
Operating System: NixOS
Kernel: LTS
Filesystem: xfs
Desktop Environment: Gnome
Session: Wayland
Controllers:
- PS3
- Steam Controller
- Touch
- Bluetooth mouse + keyboard

Last edited by AngryAnt on 28 May 2022 at 4:32 pm UTC
Pengling Jun 2, 2022
Updated photos, with all of the relevant hardware this time.

GPD Win Max 2021 (Xubuntu; SuperTux)
GPD MicroPC (Xubuntu; Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy)
Anbernic RG351MP (351ELEC; Tanglewood)

Entroware Orion i5 (Xubuntu; Jazz Jackrabbit CD, via GOG.com's Jazz Jackrabbit Collection)

Last edited by Pengling on 2 June 2022 at 12:15 pm UTC
jimmt Jun 3, 2022
My battle station is a Laptop too. Dell 75755 with a Geforce 1060 running Fedora 36.

My whole office / music / gameroom setup.
beko Nov 13, 2023
Daytime:

Night-time:

My interests are… particular 🤓
Pengling Nov 13, 2023
This was taken for a review that I submitted recently, but I may as well post it here for posterity, too;

While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.