Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Dirt Rally GOL League - for FUN edition!!!
Page: «7/8»
  Go to:
tuubi May 19, 2017
Quoting: darkszluflets do this in the weekend next time cause i really can't find the time to participate during weekdays.
Just take part in whatever events are going in the weekends then. You won't be fighting for the "championship", but this league is supposed to be just for a bit of fun anyway. I'd rather we get plenty of shorter events to keep us engaged.
Xpander May 19, 2017
i can't get any points it seems :D was leading over 2 minutes until stage 8 came. went into ditch. there was no way to get out on my own, but somehow game didnt show reset button, so i drove a bit in that ditch, for a split second i saw i can recover my car and then DNF .. luck is not on my side :(
Redface May 19, 2017
Quoting: Xpanderi can't get any points it seems :D was leading over 2 minutes until stage 8 came. went into ditch. there was no way to get out on my own, but somehow game didnt show reset button, so i drove a bit in that ditch, for a split second i saw i can recover my car and then DNF .. luck is not on my side :(
when I dont see the recover button and dont think I can do it manually fast I hit pause, in that menu there is recover too.

And I take it slow and steady, well more slow than steady:-)
I have to learn to drive faster while staying in control.
Edmene May 19, 2017
Quoting: Xpanderi can't get any points it seems :D was leading over 2 minutes until stage 8 came. went into ditch. there was no way to get out on my own, but somehow game didnt show reset button, so i drove a bit in that ditch, for a split second i saw i can recover my car and then DNF .. luck is not on my side :(
That happened with me once in Greece as well, in the next event however I need to stop taking big risks, almost didn't finished this time do to damage in radiator and motor plus a punctured tire at stage 8.
Xpander May 19, 2017
Quoting: Redfacewhen I dont see the recover button and dont think I can do it manually fast I hit pause, in that menu there is recover too.

And I take it slow and steady, well more slow than steady:-)
I have to learn to drive faster while staying in control.

grr.. i didnt know about that..that would have saved me.
tuubi May 19, 2017
Quoting: EdmeneThat happened with me once in Greece as well, in the next event however I need to stop taking big risks, almost didn't finished this time do to damage in radiator and motor plus a punctured tire at stage 8.
I lost both my front tyres soon after the halfway point in Wales. Did pretty well in that stage considering. :D
Ehvis May 19, 2017
Now that I managed to finish all stages (barely), I realise one thing is especially nasty for the beginning driver. The very limited repair time (30 minutes per two stages) is absolutely inadequate for those that only have one mechanic slot filled. For the last three repairs the only thing I could do was repair my radiator back to something like 15% and that's it. With the rest of the car not getting anything, the driving gradually gets worse. Leading to even more nasty things like punctured tires. I'm not sure that I started stage 10 with something that could be called a car. I'm even less sure how I managed to get it to the finish.

[edit]
Hmmm, I just noticed that career engineers is off. So everybody gets such crappy repair performance? Can time be set? In any case, I would vote for repair at every stage.
[/edit]
Xpander May 20, 2017
i dunno how but seems the game bugged out somehow.. i was able to continue the rally :D
though car was completely broken and repairs didnt do much.. but at least i was able to push it to the end :D last stage was really hard because i had basically no power in the car, it was overheating and switching off constantly :D
tuubi May 20, 2017
Quoting: Xpanderlast stage was really hard because i had basically no power in the car, it was overheating and switching off constantly :D
Add to that losing two wheels in the first third of the stage and you've got my experience. :P Lost so many minutes in the last stage. But the car was pretty much finished already since the third stage or so. My poor mechanics barely kept it together.
Xpander May 21, 2017
Hello All racers!

I was promoted to the League Management, so i will now create events since Kallestofeles ragequited :)

My idea was to create 6 events for 1 season (like real full season). Every event contains 1 country only, career engineers are allowed. 6 stages per event which includes 1 Longer stage, rest are shorter. No restarts allowed.

The question now is what people think about event times?
3 days per event is good for most?

i was thinking maybe extend the time on weekend events, because people also have real life.

So if you have opinions or suggestions, throw them here!
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.