Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Page: «22/178»
  Go to:
kaiman Aug 3, 2017
Quoting: malek691. use wine master(2.13 not work for me)
2. add dark fix
3. ./patches/patchinstall.sh DESTDIR=$"../wine-2.13" ntdll-Grow_Virtual_Heap wined3d-buffer_create wined3d-sample_c_lz wined3d-1DTextures wined3d-Copy_Resource_Typeless xaudio2-get_al_format from 2.13 staging
Using latest wine from the github mirror, which should hopefully make no big difference. I had applied the fix last initially, but even changing the order does not change the result. (And it shouldn't; as long as the patch applies successfully, order should be irrelevant)

Which version of the nVidia driver are you using? I'm still on 375.66, though no idea if newer versions have any relevant improvements.

Anyway, thanks for the information. Glad it works for you :-).
ardorhb Aug 4, 2017
Quoting: kaimanWhich version of the nVidia driver are you using? I'm still on 375.66, though no idea if newer versions have any relevant improvements.

I use 384.59 which should be the latest and - like I already mentioned - still have the bug. So the difference between malek69 and our setup most be something else.
malek69 Aug 4, 2017
wine 2.14 dark fix
use patch first

When you use the patch as last

Edit: View video on youtube.com
scix Aug 5, 2017
Quoting: ardorhbI use 384.59 which should be the latest and - like I already mentioned - still have the bug. So the difference between malek69 and our setup most be something else.

The bug is fixed for me as well with the same driver and a 980ti.
kaiman Aug 5, 2017
Quoting: ardorhbI use 384.59 which should be the latest and - like I already mentioned - still have the bug. So the difference between malek69 and our setup most be something else.
@scix had the missing clue: delete the MaxVersionGL registry key (or make sure its value is correct!).

With that change and the same binary as before, the scene I posted before now looks correct:

Next thing to fix: some surfaces are missing! While those are relatively minor glitches, and few, they do spoil the presence of caves and hidden areas, and thus lessen the fun of exploring and discovering those things on ones own.
Shmerl Aug 6, 2017
For me the hard freeze is the worst blocker now.
malek69 Aug 6, 2017
Now Witcher 3 looks great.
View video on youtube.com
Shmerl Aug 6, 2017
What are those distortions in the beginning?
malek69 Aug 6, 2017
Quoting: ShmerlWhat are those distortions in the beginning?
Only this place whean loading game.
Shmerl Aug 6, 2017
Quoting: malek69Only this place whean loading game.

Sounds like an unreported bug. Can you open one please?
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.