The Witcher 3 in Wine
Page: «56/178»
  Go to:
maspeber Dec 20, 2017
ok that mean it is fully playable now for y?

I play with Vega 56, 4.15-rc4, mesa 17.4 from oibaf and a patched wine 2.21 on Ryzen 1700@3,8 at 2560x1080. I get with middle to high settings from around 20 fps (Oxenfurt at night with rain) to nearly 60 fps in free terrain. my gpu loads only with around 70%. So it seems to be CPU-limited. I am on Ubuntu 17.10.

I will test it this evening too - seems to be fully playable with this patches :) Atm I am on Skellige and den invisible Harpies are too bad to fight :)
libgradev Dec 20, 2017
Reasonably, yeah - though the fps drop in villages/towns is annoying.

Renders great though!

I'm seeing up to 50fps in open @3440x1440 (ultra with some tweaks). GPU utilization is nothing though ~50%!
libgradev Dec 20, 2017
Quoting: maspeberSo it seems to be CPU-limited.

Yeah, I'll be honest, I'm not sure what's going on with this. My CPU graph isn't showing massive load and I'm certainly not freq boosting...

Messing around with locking affinity: it looks to me like some kind of IPC issue in Wine - getting full GPU load in 'native' Steam games (such as TR).
Shmerl Dec 20, 2017
Quoting: libgradevOOI Shmerl: when it freezes do you still hear the audio?

Yes, the audio is playing, but everything else is frozen, including keyboard (you can't even switch to tty).

Quoting: libgradevDone, monsters visible, doesn't crash!

Did you kill all of them? Try that several times please. And that freeze isn't consistent and sometimes it just doesn't occur. But if it works reliably for you, can you please comment in the ticket with your hardware and driver info? https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=43872

Thanks!

By the way, there shouldn't be any wraiths there, only non aggressive lubbrekin.

And regarding the freeze, if it works fine with Vega and pre-Polaris hardware, it might be Polaris specific bug in amdgpu or firmware itself.
libgradev Dec 20, 2017
Quoting: ShmerlBy the way, there shouldn't be any wraiths there, only non aggressive lubbrekin.

"...wraith in towerful of mice..." save.
Shmerl Dec 20, 2017
Quoting: libgradev
Quoting: ShmerlBy the way, there shouldn't be any wraiths there, only non aggressive lubbrekin.
"...wraith in towerful of mice..." save.

Ah, OK. I thought in the same save. What is your setup?
libgradev Dec 20, 2017
TR1950x, 64GB DDR4 3600Mhz, Vega64.
Arch, 4.15-rc4, Mesa 17.4-devel (17.3 works well also but with some, small, rendering artefacts).
DRM 3.23.0 / LLVM 6.0.0.

I'm also testing on an i7-2600k + RX480 8GB.
Shmerl Dec 20, 2017
Quoting: libgradevTR1950x, 64GB DDR4 3600Mhz, Vega64.
Arch, 4.15-rc4, Mesa 17.4-devel (17.3 works well also but with some, small, rendering artefacts).

What about libdrm and libllvm?
Shmerl Dec 20, 2017
I wonder if there are fixes in 4.15 kernel. I'm using 4.13.13.
libgradev Dec 20, 2017
Quoting: Shmerl
Quoting: libgradevTR1950x, 64GB DDR4 3600Mhz, Vega64.

What about libdrm and libllvm?

Updated the post to include.

I've played the Rotfiends 5 times now (killing 6) no freeze.

Going by your earlier reply (sound still playing) I'm wondering if you're seeing the 'focus lost' 'freeze' I've seen a couple of times. I'm running i3 WM here and if it happens I can toggle fullscreen (mod+f) and the game comes back to life just fine.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.