You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Page: «111/178»
  Go to:
Arehandoro Sep 12, 2018
Has someone experienced clipping sound on the game recently? I just tried for first time in weeks and the game runs great though with an annoying clipping sound every few seconds. I have tried with Alsa/Pulse but it's the same with both. Wine 3.15 + DXVK 0.71. I haven't seen anything on the web regarding that issue and this definitely never happened before to me.

Any ideas?
Shmerl Sep 13, 2018
I didn't test it recently (waiting for transform feedback), but I can give it a try with recent Wine and dxvk.
Shmerl Sep 13, 2018
Just tested - (Wine 3.15 + dxvk master). I didn't notice any change in sound. I have a more powerful CPU though. It's possible your PulseAudio is CPU starved which usually can cause clipping.
YoRHa-2B Sep 14, 2018
@Arehandoro OpenAL got updated on Arch recently, and it's completely broken. Just downgrade openal and lib32-openal to the previous version and you should be fine.
Shmerl Sep 14, 2018
Quoting: YoRHa-2B@Arehandoro OpenAL got updated on Arch recently, and it's completely broken. Just downgrade openal and lib32-openal to the previous version and you should be fine.

I see that Arch is using openal 1.19.0, and Debian testing / unstable is still on libopenal1 1.18.2. Is it a bug in OpenAL 1.19 or something is wrong particularly with Arch build of it?
Shmerl Sep 14, 2018
Arehandoro Sep 18, 2018
Quoting: YoRHa-2B@Arehandoro OpenAL got updated on Arch recently, and it's completely broken. Just downgrade openal and lib32-openal to the previous version and you should be fine.

Shite, didn't know. Thanks a lot, will do :)

Quoting: ShmerlFound the bug report: https://github.com/kcat/openal-soft/issues/226

Thanks for the bug hunt :)
Shmerl Sep 18, 2018
It should be fixed in the master. So watch out for 1.19.0, but 1.19.1 should be OK.
Shmerl Sep 27, 2018
Transform feedback Vulkan extension should be just weeks away now.
Shmerl Sep 28, 2018
@pdaniell-nv from Khronos commented:

QuoteWe’re aiming for weeks not months. There has been a lot of progress since my last comment.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.