Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Page: «10/178»
  Go to:
Shmerl Jun 26, 2017
By the way, I just experimented with Mesa threaded dispatch, and it produced 60 fps on max settings with RX 480. On the other hand, it seems to cause occasional stuttering in some places. So I'm not completely sure if it's actually better or not.

wojtek88 Jun 26, 2017
Quoting: ShmerlI just got to Velen area in TW3, and the ground there looks like this:

Is it supposed to be so dark, or it's a bug? It sometimes looks almost black.
I just saw this message. In the evening or tomorrow I will run Witcher on my PS4 and will get back to you with the screen. If you could mark on map where exactly you've seen this issue, I may try to reproduce your screenshot to be as similar as possible.
malek69 Jun 26, 2017
Windows + texture mod
I do not have vanilla version.
@wojtek88 "drzewo wisielców" velen-ziemia niczyja
Shmerl Jun 26, 2017
Yes, I expect that on Window and PS4 it would look better. Can you please check it in Wine with Nvidia blob? It's that same area in Velen, near the hangman tree. Actually it seems a lot of areas in Velen are affected by this.
Shmerl Jun 27, 2017
80 fps with threaded dispatch:

But it's not that high usually. It's somewhat above 60 when the cap is disabled. I also noticed period stuttering in some places, but it also occurs without threaded dispatch. I think it appeared once I updated the kernel, so it can be amdgpu related.
DasCapschen Jun 27, 2017
Seeing as GL Threaded Dispatch improves performance substantially, how can I enable it? From what I read in the recent article I'll need Mesa-git, right? But it said there's a whitelist, so how do I turn it on for the Witcher 3? ^-^'
Shmerl Jun 27, 2017
Quoting: CAPTNCAPSSeeing as GL Threaded Dispatch improves performance substantially, how can I enable it? From what I read in the recent article I'll need Mesa-git, right? But it said there's a whitelist, so how do I turn it on for the Witcher 3? ^-^'

See Performance Hints section here.
Shmerl Jun 27, 2017
Wine staging 2.11 should be able to run The Witcher 3 better now, since sample_c_lz patch was just included in it.

https://github.com/wine-compholio/wine-staging/commit/8f35a7629bf269f71a28693ba17de4d35061ee32

The patch there is also reworked from the previous variant, so it can fix more issues.
ziabice Jun 28, 2017
Excuse my dumb question, how do you install the game? I haven't had luck running Gog Galaxy (it doesn't download files), should I use the DRM-free install files downloaded one by one using the web browser?
Shmerl Jun 28, 2017
Quoting: ziabiceExcuse my dumb question, how do you install the game? I haven't had luck running Gog Galaxy (it doesn't download files), should I use the DRM-free install files downloaded one by one using the web browser?

Use lgogdownloader to get the files, and then install them in Wine.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.