Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Page: «92/178»
  Go to:
Shmerl Mar 25, 2018
There were some patches to make wine-pba work with Wine master. Here is the result:

A few observations:

1. GPU usage at 66%, but framerate is quite good (around 50fps).
2. Graphics look missing a lot of things.
scix Mar 25, 2018
The missing vegetation is a known bug with wine-pba. It was introduced around the time that the wine-pba specific freezing system bug was fixed. I haven't been game to do a regression test because I'd have to deal with system freezing issues for any of the earlier builds.
Shmerl Mar 25, 2018
I worked around the vegetation bug, by increasing heap sizes, but it also worsened performance. See here.
maspeber Mar 26, 2018
managed to get vulkan/dxvk running :) compiled wine-vulkan, installed like i tried 100 times before and at some point it works ... not sure what vodoo i did. anyway, i just teste dxvk .40 - vega56, ryzen 1700@3700, kernel 4.15.9, oibaf mesa, ultra setting with medium shadows on 2560x1080 - outside big towns i get stable 56 - 60 (fpslimit at 60) and inside novigrad i get 52-55 at market square. old wine 2.21 was 22-25 with medium settings. Thank you for dxvk:). rotfiends/alghuls looks at this moment a little strange/trinagled :)
maspeber Mar 26, 2018
I played a little more in Blood & Wine. If i am in a part of the world where y can look very, very far (top of a hill or so) the fps go down to around 45. but its still a super fps and i never thought that i can play TW3 on ultra so fluid. there was one place in B&W where rotfiends/Moderhäute look normal.
Shmerl Mar 26, 2018
dxvk still needs stream output, so until then some monsters will be distorted. @maspeber: can you please test this save, and check if you get shadows problem there? See in that issue for details. Please comment in the bug.
maspeber Mar 26, 2018
shmerl, i downloaded your save, unpacked, put it in my save game dir and dont see your save. It from 25.03. 14:43 but it doesent show up. I had this issue a while ago. I am on GOG/GOTY 1.31 - do you know why i dont see the save?
Shmerl Mar 26, 2018
Quoting: maspebershmerl, i downloaded your save, unpacked, put it in my save game dir and dont see your save. It from 25.03. 14:43 but it doesent show up. I had this issue a while ago. I am on GOG/GOTY 1.31 - do you know why i dont see the save?

No idea, I'm also using GOG/GOTY 1.31. Try to temporarily move out all your saves, and just leave my save there.

By the way, make sure to use classic installers for the game (no Galaxy). May be Galaxy interferes with saves.
maspeber Mar 27, 2018
Yes I always use the installers without Galaxy. But I cant use your save. I dont know why (may different language or patch or whatever).

Can you post a big of the scene to test and a pic of the map where I can find it? Than I post a pic in reply.

Thanks
Shmerl Mar 27, 2018
The issue might he hard to reproduce, since it can depend on weather conditions. I'll record a small video of the problem.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.