Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Page: «161/178»
  Go to:
Mohandevir Apr 30, 2020
In the entrance to the cave during the quest "Truth is in the stars".
Shmerl Apr 30, 2020
I remember the quest, but I must have forgotten or missed the part with the rabbit :)
Mohandevir Apr 30, 2020
It's probably still there, if you load your last save. :)
Shmerl Apr 30, 2020
Quoting: MohandevirIt's still my favorite game... Nothing comes close. It has such depth and the world is so alive... Nice touches everywhere. It's really well tought. Instead of soloing in an MMORPG filled with grinding quests, like WoW or LotRO, I prefer to start a new Witcher 3 run, personnally. With around 200hrs of gameplay, It fits the bill.

Yes, easily the best game I've ever played. Just walking around and listening to random NPC talk is a lot of fun. Some unexpected funny gems are scattered here and there. Like once in Skellige I saw a young woman plucking a chicken, and saying to herself: "He loves me, he loves me not". An older woman tells her something like: "You are supposed to use flowers for this", and the younger responds: "Do you see any flowers around here? And the chicken needs plucking anyway". Skelligers, jolly folks :)

The amount of work they put in it with stuff like that is mind boggling. Though it starts feeling just a bit rushed towards the end, which in itself is a sign of how huge the game is - they even delayed the release, so probably they started cutting things towards the final stages of the project.

Last edited by Shmerl on 30 April 2020 at 11:49 pm UTC
DaiKaiser93 May 1, 2020
Quoting: Shmerl
Quoting: MohandevirIt's still my favorite game... Nothing comes close. It has such depth and the world is so alive... Nice touches everywhere. It's really well tought. Instead of soloing in an MMORPG filled with grinding quests, like WoW or LotRO, I prefer to start a new Witcher 3 run, personnally. With around 200hrs of gameplay, It fits the bill.

Yes, easily the best game I've ever played. Just walking around and listening to random NPC talk is a lot of fun. Some unexpected funny gems are scattered here and there. Like once in Skellige I saw a young woman plucking a chicken, and saying to herself: "He loves me, he loves me not". An older woman tells her something like: "You are supposed to use flowers for this", and the younger responds: "Do you see any flowers around here? And the chicken needs plucking anyway". Skelligers, jolly folks :)

The amount of work they put in it with stuff like that is mind boggling. Though it starts feeling just a bit rushed towards the end, which in itself is a sign of how huge the game is - they even delayed the release, so probably they started cutting things towards the final stages of the project.

My favorite NPC chatter was the one with the children in Novigrad, wondering what a whore was.
Dunc May 1, 2020
Quoting: ShmerlJust walking around and listening to random NPC talk is a lot of fun. Some unexpected funny gems are scattered here and there.
My favourite was the group of guys on a harbour wall in Skellige.

“Look at that sky. Ragnarok* is coming. The end of days.”

“Away with ye! You've been sayin' that for twenty year, and we're all alive yet!”

Hearing that in an Ulster accent - which is distinctly different to my own west of Scotland one, but the vocabulary and tone are very familiar - almost had me on the floor. :D

*Yeah, I know they don't actually call it that, but I forget the Skellige word.
Pangaea May 2, 2020
Dwarves talking about their height and human asses was amusing as well. Many funny bits like this.

Not so funny, but there was the bit with a mother being proud of her child lying, in a backalley.

CDPR put so much love and tender into the game, and it's a joy to play.

Hope they don't put Ciri in CP2077 though. That would be horrible. An Easter egg reference in a note or something would be okay I guess, but not putting the actual character in the game. Make a separate game about her instead, if they want to focus more on her story. However, if they are to make another game in the Witcher universe, I suppose it's better to start with blank sheets, so to speak, in a different part of the world, or in a different time period. Means they get freer hands, and won't be hamstrung story wise with events in the 3 Witcher games, without needing to resort to large-scale ret-conning and the like.
Shmerl May 3, 2020
Interestingly, in the ending I got apparently Nilfgaard captured Novigrad, but in the expansions it's still under Redanian control. I suppose the ending simply refers to further events or they didn't have resources to implement political changes.

Last edited by Shmerl on 3 May 2020 at 4:50 am UTC
Mohandevir May 4, 2020
I read somewhere that HoS and B&W happen before the end of the original story. So you could do both and come back for the final Wild Hunt showdown, if you wanted to respect the chronology. Personnally, I usually do HoS and then end the original story. Once in B&W, the original setting feels like it's an "entirely different game". :)

Last edited by Mohandevir on 4 May 2020 at 12:53 pm UTC
Shmerl May 4, 2020
From the recommended levels, they seem to hint that expansions should be played after the main story is finished, but I agree, timeline wise Hearts of Stone probably fits before the epilogue.

I didn't get to Blood and Wine yet, but from what I've heard about it, it really concludes the game, so it's expected to be played after the main story for sure.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.