Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Page: «162/178»
  Go to:
Mohandevir May 5, 2020
It totally makes sense. For a guy who finished the game 3 times, I forgot about B&W ending. The closure is quite obvious and nice. :)
GermainZ May 5, 2020
Dialogue in B&W makes it clear that it happens after the main story's events (e.g.
Spoiler, click me
Geralt tells Regis what happened to Ciri; meeting with your romantic partner at the end also doesn't make a lot of sense before finishing the main story
).

The dialogue probably changes if you play B&W first, so I guess it's fine either way.

That being said, I'd actually highly suggest playing each story line on its own to enjoy them separately and without interruptions.

The HoS story is probably my favorite.

Last edited by GermainZ on 5 May 2020 at 10:20 pm UTC
Mohandevir May 5, 2020
Quoting: GermainZDialogue in B&W makes it clear that HoS happens after the main story's events

I don't remember any HoS elements being mentionned in B&W... What you are referring to is part of the main story line and it proves that B&W happens after everything else. Anyway with it's ending sequence, there is no doubt left.

As for HoS, aside from Countess Mignole, I don't find any evidences that it happens after the main story.

Personnally, I start HoS just before the final battle with Eredin. It still makes sense with Countess Mignole and I have a fancy of finishing the main game with the Viper gear from HoS... Feels like going full circle with the beginning of the game, bringing a little of Vesemir to the final battle and looking similar, gear wise. Kind of poetic? :)

But does it really matter? It's all up to you as long as you're having fun.

Last edited by Mohandevir on 5 May 2020 at 12:50 pm UTC
Shmerl May 5, 2020
Quoting: MohandevirIt still makes sense with Countess Mignole and I have a fancy of finishing the main game with the Viper gear from HoS...

Good point about Countess Mignole, it gives at least some time point reference. I bought the diagrams from her, but I'm still level 36 and they are 39. And I didn't really rush the main story, which led to suggested levels for it being lower than my current one. So I assume having level 39 by the end of the main story is quite uncommon.

Last edited by Shmerl on 5 May 2020 at 4:54 pm UTC
Mohandevir May 5, 2020
Quoting: ShmerlGood point about Countess Mignole, it gives at least some time point reference. I bought the diagrams from her, but I'm still level 36 and they are 39. And I didn't really rush the main story, which lead to suggested levels for it being lower than my current one. So I assume having level 39 by the end of the main story is quite uncommon.

Did you keep the Borsody quest line last? My memory is not clear about it, but I'm quite sure I wore the Viper gears for the final HoS quest, where you'll find the Viper silver sword, btw. I don't remember having to do any special, "gymnastic" to get the required level... Thinking about it, have you got the Steel Sword diagram in Borsody's Vault? Don't want to spoil you anything but both blades are easy to miss.

I usually do the quests by recommended levels and when there are many same level quests, I keep the main quests last.

Last edited by Mohandevir on 5 May 2020 at 4:56 pm UTC
Shmerl May 5, 2020
I started the Borsody house quest first, since Gaunter O'Dimm suggested that the Vlodimir task would be the hardest one. Still in the middle of it, so didn't get the vault yet.

Last edited by Shmerl on 5 May 2020 at 4:57 pm UTC
Mohandevir May 5, 2020
Quoting: ShmerlI started the Borsody house quest first, since Gaunter O'Dimm suggested that the Vlodimir task would be the hardest one. Still in the middle of it, so didn't get the vault yet.

Hardest, but not because of level requirements... It's more of a... logistical difficulty?
Shmerl May 5, 2020
Yeah, I understood it as hardest story wise, not level wise, so I decided to do it last, roleplaying way.

Last edited by Shmerl on 5 May 2020 at 5:09 pm UTC
Mohandevir May 5, 2020
No problem... It just tells me that you still have a lot to do to get to level 39... I don't think it will be a problem. Else, you will be very close.
GermainZ May 5, 2020
Quoting: MohandevirI don't remember any HoS elements being mentionned in B&W... What you are referring to is part of the main story line and it proves that B&W happens after everything else. Anyway with it's ending sequence, there is no doubt left.
Yeah sorry, that was a typo. I meant B&W instead of HoS, so we're talking about the same thing.

Quoting: MohandevirBut does it really matter? It's all up to you as long as you're having fun.
Of course, it's fine however you play.
I play on easy mode with extra mods that save me time and make me immortal and overpowered. :)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.