Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Page: «166/178»
  Go to:
Shmerl May 26, 2020
Mount Gorgon plateau, I posted right before about climbing up there.
Mohandevir May 26, 2020
Aaaaaah! There it is... Mount Gorgon's hidden dragon, mentionned by Anna Henrietta! :D
Shmerl Jun 1, 2020
The Little Flint Girl (aka The Girl Who Sells it All), a charming character :)

Last edited by Shmerl on 1 June 2020 at 3:18 pm UTC
Mohandevir Jun 1, 2020
Quoting: ShmerlThe Little Flint Girl (aka The Girls Who Sells it All), a charming character :)

All these perverted fairy tales... Quite funny.

BTW, the best steel sword of B&W (Vitis) is on the body of a knight, near the lake, beside Longlock's tower. You'll probably use it only in a NG+ game, if you did all other quests before doing this one, but still...

Last edited by Mohandevir on 1 June 2020 at 12:47 pm UTC
Shmerl Jun 1, 2020
Yeah, I found Vitis. Didn't have a chance to use it yet indeed, since now I got to the fight with Detlaff, which is almost impossible.

Last edited by Shmerl on 1 June 2020 at 3:23 pm UTC
Mohandevir Jun 1, 2020
Quoting: ShmerlYeah, I found Vitis. Didn't have a chance to use it yet indeed, since now I got to the fight with Detlaff, which is almost impossible.

No it's not that hard... When you play the game at the easiest level. :D
Seriously, it's probably the hardest fight of all The game... I can only guess what it may be like at hardcore levels... Ouch!
Linuxwarper Jun 1, 2020

"But I'm not playing, I'm helpin!"

EDIT: I can't seem to make pictures work through Imgur. I selected img, then put in the direct link url, and I get error when the image should be showing..

Last edited by Linuxwarper on 1 June 2020 at 8:24 pm UTC
Shmerl Jun 1, 2020
Use image link, not imgur top level link. When on imgur, right click on the image and copy image URL.

Last edited by Shmerl on 1 June 2020 at 8:08 pm UTC
Linuxwarper Jun 1, 2020
Quoting: ShmerlUse image link, not imgur top level link. When on imgur, right click on the image and copy image URL.
Done, ty. I even looked at your quote for template to see why it did not work and tried that and some other things. How cumbersome that was.

Pangaea Jun 1, 2020
Quoting: ShmerlYeah, I found Vitis. Didn't have a chance to use it yet indeed, since now I got to the fight with Detlaff, which is almost impossible.
Did you get past him?

The fight is crazy hard. Not least because CDPR are throwing mechanics at you which has never been seen before, and will usually one-shot you (at least on high difficulties). Pretty much impossible to know what is going on in between all the effects on screen, then suddenly another reload screen. And the CDPR stamp of having to rewatch a long cutscene before being able to try again. Gah! :D

The oversized octopus from TW2 was less bad I think.

It's possible he was worse for me because I have only played it on NG+, and enemies get boosted stats from that. But from comments elsewhere, it seems like people get one-shot anyway, so it's a very hard fight. Thankfully the first phase is by far the worst.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.