Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Page: «174/178»
  Go to:
Pangaea Jul 6, 2021
Quoting: Shmerl
Quoting: PangaeaAbout that config change (very nice!), it's possible to make the text show up properly as well, by making a small mod and changing the localisation. Probably not worth it for such a small thing, mind you.

Oh, I was looking into how to do that. Do you know what has to be added for it?
I'm not entirely sure, because I haven't tried it myself. Something like this thread may be a good place to start: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/utility-strings-encoder-for-adding-new-strings-new-ids-and-keys-as-standalone-w3strings-file.62959/

Know I looked at strings with a program I downloaded, either from CDPR forums or Nexus. Seem to recall one could add new strings with it too, but I don't really know the details. After that, I suppose you need to "cook" the mod so the game can properly compile and include it.

PS: Looking at downloaded mods, it may be one called "w3strings_encoder". It's an exe, but I'm sure a pro like you can get it working in Linux :)
Pangaea Jul 8, 2021

What?! Are you crazy? Of course not!

PS: I was more honest this time, to see what would happen, and ended up having to pay 1000 crowns. To Vivaldi.

Last edited by Pangaea on 8 July 2021 at 9:36 pm UTC
Pangaea Jul 9, 2021
WitcherCon is on, for those interested: https://www.twitch.tv/cdprojektred

I only dropped in half an hour ago or so. It's been okay, if a little awkward at times.

I suppose it's news that the show will start on December 17? They seemed to make a big deal out of it.
Pangaea Jul 9, 2021
Thought the interview with Cavill was the most interesting part. Seems really passionate about the whole universe, and knows what he's talking about - a genuine fan.

I keep hearing that some people disliked the show, but I actually rather liked it. So far anyway. Look forward to season 2. And keep hoping they won't "GOT" it up. But for now it's been good, and hopefully they learn from what mistakes were made and improve on it, instead of crapping all over the rest like a certain other series did.

I too look forward to seeing Vesemir in the show, and hopefully they do him justice.
Shmerl Jul 9, 2021
Yeah, the interview was interesting. I think the show could be better in some ways, but in general they are doing a good job.

There is also animated film about Vesemir and sacking of Kaer Morhen coming out in August - Nightmare of the Wolf.

Last edited by Shmerl on 9 July 2021 at 8:19 pm UTC
Pangaea Jul 18, 2021
Don't know about you, but I wouldn't feel safe here with no railings or anything, and the wind biting in my shoulders

(I hadn't noticed this path before)

Hopefully Geralt has Aard at the ready, because this could quickly get out of control

This one wasn't that well-hidden to be honest, but I've never come across it before. Think it even showed up in the journal.

I'm sure there must be different ways of handling it, but I ended up killing the bloke inside.

Shmerl Jul 18, 2021
Yeah, the best way to handle it is not to open it the second time.
Pangaea Jul 19, 2021
Quoting: ShmerlYeah, the best way to handle it is not to open it the second time.
Nice. Just by waiting then? I just had an "open sarcophagus" or "exit/do nothing" conversation option.
Oh well, something to do for a next playthrough, if I do yet another one. For now I want to do the expansions again, as I've only played them once.

Don't mess with Geralt, or he'll turn you into his favourite race: dwarves.

Also, we're working on Roach's stairs descending ability

(this was Holmstein or some place like that, and we walked down a bunch of stairs.)
Pangaea Jul 21, 2021
I'm trying to learn Roach how to walk down more stairs. Sadly she completely locked up here

With Roach refusing to carry me down that long, winding path, let's change strategy. Let's skinny-dip!

I died about 8 times, but finally.... success!

Unfortunately I can't turn the camera up when in the water, but that's a loooong way up!

While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.