Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Page: «175/178»
  Go to:
Shmerl Jul 21, 2021
I see you went with Cat school armor this time.
Pangaea Jul 23, 2021
Quoting: ShmerlI see you went with Cat school armor this time.
I like how it looks. Plus, it goes well with Ghost Mode with how I like to play the game, because in Ghost Mode all combat actions have a stamina cost (surely intended for vanilla too, but they dropped it at some point, it's half-implemented for enemies). Light armour has lower stamina costs, so then I'm able to dodge and cast the odd sign while using Cat armour, while with Medium weight and especially Heavy weight, this would be a big problem. When you run out of stamina, Geralt will struggle to move, and you are more vulnerable to attacks. This aspect is one of the big changes with the mod, and it took a little getting used to, but it makes for a more realistic and fun combat experience now when I'm used to it. With the vanilla game, apart from looks, you're kinda incentivised to go with Heavy armour, because it has better protection, with no real downsides. But when the game has stamina costs for combat actions, this suddenly is a factor to consider, and the game is probably turned on its head in a way, by incentivising Light armour instead.

It's a funny old game. I keep coming across small things here and there that I haven't seen before, or only rarely. Like currently, I want to do the Cery quest, but it's on the other side of the world. The marker shows 3000-something to travel by boat.... So I stop here and there on the way, probably going ashore to small islands I've never set foot on before. And I really did explore thoroughly before too, it's just that the game world is MASSIVE, and they've left small bits and pieces everywhere. Truly a labour of love, despite all the faults with CDPR and its development process, crunch forever and so on.
Pangaea Jul 25, 2021
Quoting: MohandevirThe last run I did was a couple of months ago... I paid special attention to that shadow... When Udalryk raises his arms, while speaking to you, you should see the Hym doing the same, on the wall behind him, but no, it wasn't there. Anyway, it might be a problem depending on the Proton version used... I think I'll create a save point at this special spot and test different versions of Proton. Who knows, it might be solved with the latest builds?
Remembered there was a discussion about that shadow, and I recently played that section. Took some pictures that showed the Hym. Now I see you meant during conversation when Udalryk raises his arms, however. The room is very dark here because all lights and candles are off, so it's possible I missed it, but more likely there wasn't a Hym shadow during that particular sequence.

Unless it's this one? Think this was while talking to Udalryk, but I'm not entirely sure as you can't really tell what persons are part of the screen.

Pangaea Jul 26, 2021
Sometimes you just want to punch stuff

Shmerl Jul 26, 2021
Yeah, I do that with bandits sometimes :) Doesn't work so well for monsters.
Pangaea Aug 4, 2021

Geralt isn't somebody you should mess around with.
Shmerl Aug 5, 2021
One of the best quests in the game:

Last edited by Shmerl on 5 August 2021 at 12:48 am UTC
Pangaea Aug 6, 2021
Yes! That quest is wonderful. Wish the game had more like that actually. Long and elaborate quests in large areas. Without breaking them up too much by going hither and tither (Skellige > Novigrad and suchlike).

This is -- hands down -- my favourite part of the game. Goosebumps practically all over the body again
None of the pictures I took does it justice, but here is one:

Even after all this time, playing through this part probably four or five times, I cannot experience this without getting emotional. Top notch by CDPR!
Pangaea Aug 8, 2021
Not the foggiest idea what he says, but just for laughs really :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=644xpLIPkaw

(How do we embed videos here? The syntax looks weird and I don't see a video/YT tag)
Pangaea Aug 12, 2021
Sorry for just posting the odd picture from my playthrough, but after struggling with this fight (using mods), this felt rather quite good :)

Only a sliver of health left too, so those last hits were proper "do or die" swings.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.