Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Page: «176/178»
  Go to:
Pangaea Aug 14, 2021
This is quite embarrassing, but still nice in a way... I've played the game over a 1000 hours, I'm sure of it. Already almost 200 hours in the current playthrough, and still not done with the main story. Yet... I did NOT know that this was possible

Ran over to some area I mustn't have been in before, and there was a switch. Odd, I thought, then hit it. "Hmm. Nothing seems to happen. Weird." Then I see that elevator thingy for packages comes down. I step on it, and suddenly notice a "Use" caption on screen. Hit it, and Geralt starts going up. When going down again, I noticed it wasn't possible to move at all while standing there. Cool. Absurd how I can discover new stuff in this game after 1000+ hours.

Shmerl Aug 15, 2021
Heh, I used that elevator quite often when in Skellige.
Pangaea Aug 21, 2021
Suppose you may have looked at this @Shmerl, but noticed there were bands of 'text' on the guardians near Avallach's hideout. Maybe the same as in some other signs and graffiti?

Implicit spoilers below, beware!!

Not perfect timing, but I still like this shot :)

Don't... Mess... With... Ciri!!

Best of luck, Ciri

I was still terribly sad to wander around Kaer Morhen afterwards. All empty...

However, I do understand why the place is falling apart. It doesn't look very sturdy...

Well then... off to the expansions!
Shmerl Aug 22, 2021
No, I haven't tried transcribing those, but I noticed all golems have some text on them, yeah.
Shmerl Aug 22, 2021
Quoting: PangaeaI was still terribly sad to wander around Kaer Morhen afterwards. All empty...

I think Keira alone stays, so at least you have someone to talk to there :)

To get to her you need to climb on the wall and jump down (she still should be marked with the alchemist icon). I think it's a bug and wasn't intended, but makes Kaer Morhen less deserted at least.

Last edited by Shmerl on 22 August 2021 at 5:17 am UTC
Pangaea Sep 10, 2021

needlessoptions Oct 3, 2021
Has anyone tried lighting mods? I installed Immersive Lighting from Nexus but it's made no difference as far as I can tell. I was thinking it could be something to do with shaders not recompiling? idk
Shmerl Oct 3, 2021
I haven't tried such mods.
needlessoptions Oct 4, 2021
Nevermind, GNOME archive manager was failing to extract all the files for some reason, did it with p7zip and it's working great!

link
Mohandevir Oct 7, 2021
Leaving that here...

https://www.pcgamer.com/witcher-3-steam-deck-video/

It's not really surprising for us, but knowing that CDPR is in the loop too is great, imo.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.