Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
rJKekKCPNeUokXtZ
Page: «3/7»
  Go to:
Liam Dawe Nov 20, 2012
Although Wes on humble support is now stating they won't give out any info on future bundles...
Hamish Nov 20, 2012
Quoting: "liamdawe, post: 6729, member: 1"Doubtful since Humble are apparently dropping their cross platform only stuff...

Says who? Seriously, I want to know.

This all seems like a lot of people talking out of their hat to me. Until we get something more concrete I say calm down.
Liam Dawe Nov 20, 2012
Well they are already running that double fine thing which is Windows only, the THQ bundle will be Windows only - their cross platform only has already been flattened by them.
Hamish Nov 20, 2012
Frankly I find this assumption about a THQ Bundle actually coming about to be a little bit pre-mature anyway since all we have are vague comments from support staff. And even if they do host some ones on their infrastructure that are not cross-platform (still a huge mistake, and one that they would need to be rightly scolded over) that does not equate to completly dropping the cross-platform requirment from actual Humble Bundles, which is what seems to be implied here.

We really need word from someone like Jeffery Rosen on this - although I have personally always found bundles like that Double Fine one to be a bit of a balmy idea and in many ways an abuse of the infrastrucute myself. They also did just hire Edward Rudd on full time, so I find this notion to a bit at odds with what we already knew before.

Also, a bit surprised that Cheeseness has not chimed in yet, being the biggest Humble Bundle fan on the forum. ;)
Liam Dawe Nov 20, 2012
Okay but if they do the THQ Humble Bundle then by all measure of it they have dropped their requirements for cross platform.

I'm not bothered about the Double Fine one since they will be small prototypes and not actual games.

I think Cheese is in bed, i'm sure he will scald me soon enough for my views :P
berarma Nov 20, 2012
Hamish, I agree, so much talking... It's the Humble Bundle who I want to hear. Let's wait.
Zakhar Nov 20, 2012
Quoting: "Anon, post: 6718"Damn, if this isn't cross-platform, then I'm ending the streak of buying every bundle at 19. If that's actually what happens, I don't think I'd see Humble as anything special compared to the others...

Same for me. If they do a "Windows-only bundle" I'll consider they have sold they soul and I'll stop encouraging them for games I don't even play.
Liam Dawe Nov 20, 2012
Well anything anyone really says yes is speculation, the current ones not even over, let's hope they don't disappoint us.
Liam Dawe Nov 29, 2012
Yeah i'm not exactly happy with it either but they already sold out by doing Windows only Double Fine stuff.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.