You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
DiRT Rally GOL League - 1970s Season
Page: «2/5»
  Go to:
Arnvidr Aug 13, 2017
Never a Monaco run without getting stuck on top of some snow... :P
tuubi Aug 13, 2017
Doesn't seem like extending the events made a difference. Hard to say if the constantly diminishing amount of participants is due to summer holidays or just Dirt Rally getting "old" and people moving on. I hope we can keep this going anyway. These league events are pretty much the only reason I keep coming back to this excellent game every week.

Off topic: Someone should arrange something similar for Rocket League. That's another game I really enjoy but almost never play. And I do mean similar: Just for fun, no pressure, flexibly scheduled, friendly matches with leaderboards of some sort for those who care.
Xpander Aug 13, 2017
Yeah, might be the summer holidays, might be that its getting old for some.
Will see how it turns out, im more than happy to run some more seasons, cause i still enjoy the game.
Ehvis Aug 14, 2017
Summer may not help indeed. Of course, it also doesn't help if I keep forgetting to actually drive.
Arnvidr Aug 15, 2017
Got through Greece early this week :D

Was feeling somewhat satisfied with my performance through the first six stages, but the last two.... One reset for each, and a flat tire halfway through the last one. At least I didn't lose the wheel until I could see the finish line :D
Xpander Aug 17, 2017
Greece done by me also, couple of half spins, some spins, 1 penalty due spectators and small crash into cars

Video from Livestream:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/167707406
Redface Aug 17, 2017
Quoting: XpanderGreece done by me also, couple of half spins, some spins, 1 penalty due spectators and small crash into cars

Video from Livestream:
I watched the first stage, very impressive how fast you can drive while staying in control.
tuubi Aug 17, 2017
Quoting: Redface
Quoting: XpanderGreece done by me also, couple of half spins, some spins, 1 penalty due spectators and small crash into cars

Video from Livestream:
I watched the first stage, very impressive how fast you can drive while staying in control.
He is quick, no way around it. For my own peace of mind, I tell myself that part of that control is afforded by the feel and feedback from his wheel and pedal setup. I mean I often feel like I know what I'd need to do but just can't. There's a reason we don't drive real cars with a couple of triggers and a thumb stick.

But I repeat, I don't think I'd be anywhere as fast as he is with a wheel, just much closer.
Edmene Aug 18, 2017
Quoting: RedfaceI watched the first stage, very impressive how fast you can drive while staying in control.
Well Xpander is consistently faster than all of us. Indeed very impressive.

Quoting: tuubiI mean I often feel like I know what I'd need to do but just can't. There's a reason we don't drive real cars with a couple of triggers and a thumb stick.
I know the felling, especially without using assists.
tuubi Aug 20, 2017
Finally done. Had some super lucky runs, even got the fastest time on one stage and that made my day. Of course not all of the runs were equally lucky. I finished one stage on my roof (that was weird) and another one backwards. I wish I'd recorded it all.

Still having fun BTW. I have to say I really love this game to bits, and it's all thanks to this community. <3
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.