Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Local time instead of utc time
jens Oct 11, 2017
  • Supporter
Not really a bug, but more a question. Is there a way to show the time info on this site, e.g. time of latest comments etc in local time? My preferences are set to CEST, but all time info is shown in UTC.
Liam Dawe Oct 11, 2017
Note: Moved to suggestion box to keep it tidy.

Question, when it usually says "about an hour ago" or "7 hours ago" (or at least it should) is it not correct for you?
tuubi Oct 11, 2017
The relative times in comment threads seem correct, but on the latest comments page and in the sidebar widgets I see "11 October 2017 at 8:34 pm UTC" for example. I assume that's what jens is referring to. Never bothered me much, but local time would be preferable.
Liam Dawe Oct 12, 2017
I'm a little confused, as the OP was talking about comments being in UTC time, but you should never see that. The code behind the comments time is UTC, but our timeago JS plugin converts that to "x time ago" which should work regardless of your timezone.
tuubi Oct 12, 2017
The timeago stuff is fine, but it isn't in use on the Latest Comments page or the sidebars. But I see you just added it to the latest comments sidebar so I guess you're working on it. :)
jens Oct 12, 2017
  • Supporter
Sorry, I meant indeed the sidebar ("Latest Comments" and "Latest Forum Post" ) and some other places, but not the time notation in the header of a posting. "Latest Comments" seems indeed use ".. ago" notation now which is correctly displayed (though i do liked the absolute time there). The sidebar item "Latest Forum Posts" still shows UTC time, same as "See more comments" in "Latest Comments" section.
Liam Dawe Oct 12, 2017
The latest forum post block as well as the view more comments page have both now been update.

Cheers.
jens Oct 12, 2017
  • Supporter
Quoting: liamdaweThe latest forum post block as well as the view more comments page have both now been update.

Cheers.

Cool, cheers!
jens Oct 12, 2017
  • Supporter
Found another place: Latest comments and last login etc within a profile, e.g. https://www.gamingonlinux.com/profiles/1
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.