Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
DiRT Rally GOL League - Group B Season 2
Page: «2/7»
  Go to:
Xpander Oct 27, 2017
yeah, i did a testrun before i chose manta. i drove älgsjon stage with lancia s4 and with opel manta. with lancia i got something like 3:39 and with manta 3:48. And i think i did more small mistakes with Lancia.
Arnvidr Oct 27, 2017
Should have done some test runs myself, just picked the car I remembered having somewhat control with from before. Forgot that I'm never in control in Sweden :D

Had 2 good stages, and 1 ok, the rest were lessons in frustration. Which puts me overall around where I usually end up, hehe.
tuubi Oct 27, 2017
I think I just drove the cleanest Sweden I've ever done, but that's not saying much. I drove slowly and did a lot of smaller mistakes, had to reverse twice on the night stage and lost a wheel punctured a tyre near the end of the sixth. But still, I actually had some fun in Sweden. That's rare.
Edmene Oct 29, 2017
I'm just glad that I was able to finish Sweden, the result was already expected considering that I'm no good with Group B cars and Sweden.
Koopacabras Oct 30, 2017
I came half second after flipper really close!
Oh man!I hate Monaco, I must be careful not falling off a cliff, because the Peugeot accelerates fast.:P
Arnvidr Nov 2, 2017
I fell off a cliff :(
Xpander Nov 3, 2017
I nearly fell off the cliff three times :D .. 2 times i was on the snowbank, really close, one time i made a spin from huge speed, it was miracle that i was back on the road after that spin :D

anyway, summary:

S1: spin
S2: spin at high speed, super lucky to not get DNF
S3: clean
S4: 2 spins, crash into cars, 2 times close to DNF on snowbanks
S5: clean
S6: spin with reverse needed
S7: small crash into the fences, crash right before the finish, reverse needed
tuubi Nov 3, 2017
I realized I might not have time to play this weekend and decided to get this done with. Driving while tired is always a bad idea and it showed (had to reverse over the finish line with a puncture at some point... again), but all those mistakes didn't hurt my times as much as I expected.

Skully and Arnvidr: The Delta S4 is a fun car, but just a bit too "fun" on these narrow roads. I've driven it off the edge so many times in Monaco... Although I guess it's so fast you might get a good time even if you drove extra carefully.
Koopacabras Nov 4, 2017
Quoting: SkullyNice info, thank you. I did realize they really did compete against each other. What I meant is I am not sure if the RWD were really this bad against the 4WD. Because at least in this game it can be as big as 10-20sec per stage. Making the Mantra compete with a RWD car from the 1960's for times.

A good example of this is https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=462311586
Scroll to the "overall leader board" Although the results are from one guy. This guy is amazing at that track. He has video footage on youtube for every car on that track getting the times he states.

03:29.824 - Peugeot 205 T16 Evo 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEHwBPjUv1g
03:52.024 - Renault Alpine A110 / 1960's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6ccoeEW848
03:52.657 - Opel Manta 400 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEETsO7w4Sw

So the Peugeot is the fastest?? I thought I was playing oddball as nobody chose it. His comments make sense the Peugeot is a beast it accelerates really fast but as he puts it, as long as you can keep it on the road. I find myself braking a lot. It doesn't feel anything like the other Peugeot I drove (the 306 Maxi), it feels more like the hill climb one but more stable, acceleration is crazy. It has a lot of potential, it's hard to master.
Skully Nov 4, 2017
I went whizzing off a cliff. Strange, I normally do well at monaco. Actually think I might of suffered from being over confident. Also I now bought a wheel. Not so good with it yet, but with enough practice I hope to at least match my controller times.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.