Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
DiRT Rally GOL League - Group A Season 2
Page: «4/6»
  Go to:
Xpander Jan 1, 2018
First post updated

Greece is up for a challenge!

Happy new year!
Xpander Jan 2, 2018
Ok, had lots of problems with my frontpanel USB connector, wheel got disconnected 3 times, had to do the third and fourth stage 2 times because it disconnected in the middle of the 4th stage
2 times it disconnected on the first stage... i canceled video recording after the disconnection after 4th stage so theres no footage, i didnt feel like having 2 videos and then edit them later

Greece summary time:

S1: Crash into the ditch, spin
S2: Spin with reverse
S3: Spin with reverse (this was my fav stage, i was flying like crazy)
S4: Clean
S5: Clean
S6: Went into ditch, tried to get out, got +11s penalty, lost around 20 sec at least there.
Skully Jan 2, 2018
@Xpander, Wow all that and you still beat me. I had all clean runs with no problems. Damn you must of been flying! Nice job.
Arnvidr Jan 3, 2018
And a challenge Greece was! I managed to fly off into oblivion twice in the first stage! Passable driving in the rest of the stages though, the game even claiming I got best time in the last stage, something I have trouble believing. Overall satisfying event.
Xpander Jan 3, 2018
Quoting: ArnvidrAnd a challenge Greece was! I managed to fly off into oblivion twice in the first stage! Passable driving in the rest of the stages though, the game even claiming I got best time in the last stage, something I have trouble believing. Overall satisfying event.

you were faster than me about 5 sec on the last one, but skully was 12 sec faster than me, so that is odd indeed. maybe it shows the difference to the leading driver
Arnvidr Jan 4, 2018
I checked the totals between run 5 and 6 on the web page, and it seems you must be right, I closed the gap to you by 5 seconds, but skully closed a bigger gap. I don't remember if the difference it showed me after the race was 5 seconds, but it was about that kind of number.
muell Jan 5, 2018
Really not a fan of Group A now that I was driving the Peugeot 205 for a while. Had to use the Lancia Integrale in career mode a little bit to unlock the upgrades. Still only got 2/3. But I like Greece, so here we are now…

Crashed on stage 3 doing a barrel roll. Fortunately I didn't fall off a cliff or puncture a tire. Other stages went fine with small mistakes like always. Got in a few seconds after Xpander all the time and went into the last stage with +12s and was surprised when I got the lead with -7s. So the estimate of 20s lost with that crash seems accurate.

Next up is Wales which I also like so I'll try to be there. Might even try to get the damn 3rd upgrade.
Xpander Jan 5, 2018
Quoting: muellReally not a fan of Group A now that I was driving the Peugeot 205 for a while. Had to use the Lancia Integrale in career mode a little bit to unlock the upgrades. Still only got 2/3. But I like Greece, so here we are now…

wait wait, you need upgrades for the car? ohh god :D i don't have any. i thought that if we dont use career vehicles those don't matter anyway.

but yeah, my last stage was my doom :)
Skully Jan 5, 2018
Quoting: Xpanderwait wait, you need upgrades for the car? ohh god :D i don't have any. i thought that if we dont use career vehicles those don't matter anyway.

but yeah, my last stage was my doom :)

The way we are playing has us driving fully upgraded version of all cars. Because we aren't using career vehicles.
muell Jan 5, 2018
Quoting: SkullyThe way we are playing has us driving fully upgraded version of all cars. Because we aren't using career vehicles.

Huh, interesting. Well, at least I got some experience with a group a vehicle now ;)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.