Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
[CANNOT BE SOLVED] F1 2015/2017 - AMD status
Page: «3/3
  Go to:
pete910 Jan 2, 2018
For get the "runs on windows" bit, It's apples to oranges statement.

It does not matter if it can make you breakfast too, If said hardware does not have the function then it wont work period, Feral cannot suddenly make your hardware complaint.

I understand your annoyance I really do but thinks need and do move forward, I too am annoyed at feral but this particular reason you are stating is not within their control
kamelie1706 Jan 2, 2018
I believe the opposite (It is not an hardware issue but a software choice in this case) but obviously we do not understand each other ;-)

Anyway this is not a game I would buy a total core new system for!
damarrin Jan 3, 2018
Quoting: kamelie1706It is not an hardware issue but a software choice in this case

Clearly that's the case. I find it quite plausible that it's just a compiler flag, too.
kamelie1706 Jan 6, 2018
For the "too old processor", I get on the same hardware on windows:
- Resolution: 2560x1080
- Details: Medium
- Min Fps: 54
- Avg Fps: 62
- Max Fps: 72

Not bad for an "old" platform ... come on Feral I am sure you can do better ... at least let me play in 320x240 at minimun settings :-)
kamelie1706 Jan 11, 2018
Lack of SSSE3 instructions is indeed the problem ... for the Linux port not for Windows. This is the point and hope it could be fixed with a little bit of work from Feral.

I do not understand why people accepts the argument "it is too old" while "it is powerfull enought" is more relevant to me.
I am probably too old for that kind of crap (and you also if you know what movie I am referring too) :-)
Avehicle7887 Jan 11, 2018
Sounds familiar, Trine 3 doesn't run natively on Intel HD graphics but runs perfectly with Wine. Apparently it was also built with instructions that the Windows version doesn't use.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.