Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
DiRT Rally GOL League - 2010 Extended Season
Page: «6/12»
  Go to:
Xpander Feb 21, 2018
Quoting: NinmiI was meaning to join the next possible thing, but I was wondering if I could somehow join mid-season and collect DNFs with the rest of you guys for the remaining season?

its a long season, just join whenever you want to join, there are still many races to go. you just don't get points from the ones that have been driven already
tuubi Feb 21, 2018
Quoting: NinmiI was meaning to join the next possible thing, but I was wondering if I could somehow join mid-season and collect DNFs with the rest of you guys for the remaining season?
Please do. This league is about fun, not winning. Missing a few races (or half a season) isn't such a big deal. :P

Just apply at racenet and one of us will accept you ASAP.

EDIT: Xpander is quicker at posting as well as driving.
Xpander Feb 21, 2018
Quoting: tuubiEDIT: Xpander is quicker at posting as well as driving.

its because i get email notifications :) and when im at PC i can answer fast :)
Arnvidr Feb 22, 2018
After my horrible Germany runs, I had somewhat of a "comeback" in Greece. Back up to my normal so-so driving :)

Did some of my best driving in this Wales event, but I balanced it out with some spectacular crashes. Still think I got a decent result, we'll see how long it can go :D
Xpander Feb 22, 2018
Done with UK also. 4th stage was the killer for me :(
But seems something happened with Starving on the 5th stage. So he got DNF it seems

S1: Clean
S2: Crash into trees
S3: Clean
S4: 2 spins, both took a lot of time, narrow places and reverse was needed, i think about 25 sec lost there combined :(
S5: Clean
S6: Small trip to the fields.
muell Feb 22, 2018
Quoting: XpanderS4: 2 spins, both took a lot of time, narrow places and reverse was needed, i think about 25 sec lost there combined :(

Ha! Conservative driving ftw! :P

I still wonder where I'm leaving all those seconds. It's a shame that you can't export the replays and play them side-by-side. Makes me want to create my own rally sim.

@Skully: did you try firm dampers and suspension? I felt exactly the same but decided to stick to the car for the event and try to find some settings that are fine.
Xpander Feb 22, 2018
Quoting: muellHa! Conservative driving ftw! :P

I still wonder where I'm leaving all those seconds. It's a shame that you can't export the replays and play them side-by-side. Makes me want to create my own rally sim.

@Skully: did you try firm dampers and suspension? I felt exactly the same but decided to stick to the car for the event and try to find some settings that are fine.

theres telemetry for online events, codemasters ones. i wish there was at least telemetry for league stuff also. would be nice to see indeed. yeah i could record my drives, but those are usually 10-15GB of size and im just lazy to setup my camera and stuff and probably just few persons watch it anyway...

and yeah. conservative driving saved you there, but i like to try and push, even if im at the lead :D i dunno, i try to get better every time, go faster etc, but mistakes happen :D
tuubi Feb 25, 2018
Wales would have been great for me if it wasn't for the second stage. I made some spectacularly stupid mistakes there, two of which led to penalties. Otherwise it went really well.
Xpander Feb 26, 2018
First post updated. Finland again. My absolute fav :)
Xpander Mar 1, 2018
Terrible Finland event for me. flat tires, rolls and crashes :(

S1: Clean, but with some super wide corners, close to crashing
S2: Crash into Telephone post, Lost the tire, luckily only in the last sector
S3: Clean
S4: Crash into pile of logs, Crash into forest with car upside down, reset to road +12 sec
S5: Flat tire in the middle of the track (caused by touching a stone)
S6: Roll, not much juice left in the car after all the crashes.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.