Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
DiRT Rally GOL League - 2010 Extended Season
Page: «5/12»
  Go to:
Xpander Feb 12, 2018
First post updated. Greece is up!
Starving Feb 13, 2018
as usual im slow in greece n had front right puncture in stage 4, over a minute of penalties, rip. was looking at something else when going downhill at start n landed straight into a ditch from one jump lol.
tuubi Feb 13, 2018
Three of the short stages in Greece went rather well for me. The last stage was just painful. It started with a huge crash, then I fell off the road around the middle, and to top it all off I took a stupid penalty right at the end. The first two stages weren't brilliant either.

I'm not sure trying to finish the league events early in the week was a good idea. I'm just too tired to concentrate properly on weeknights.
Xpander Feb 14, 2018
Went terribly badly for me also, lucky that Starving had troubles also.

S1: Wheel came loose from my table, crashed into trees.
S2: Spin
S3: Clean
S4: Flat tire on the last split, not huge amount of time lost i guess
S5: Went straight in one corner, crash into cars, reverse needed
S6: 10 sec for false start

edited: flat tire wasnt on the 5th stage end but 4th
Skully Feb 14, 2018
Wow I had a great 99% clean run. Thought I did really well. But both you and starving beat me while having all these issues.
Maybe I am being to careful. I admit I am scared as shit of getting a puncture now. I am going to need to step it up a bit :)
Xpander Feb 18, 2018
First Post updated. Next Up. UK.
muell Feb 20, 2018
Kid of sad that I missed Greece. It's my favorite.

Anyway, UK went fine. One crash on the third stage, a few close ones, lots of really small mistakes which add up.

Skully, I fell you. Clean runs and still getting beat by such huge margins is kind of disappointing but on the other having my simulated driver theoretically being alive in the real world at the end of an event is not bad either.

Two observations:

1. Manual windscreen wipers are stupid and made me panic once because I forgot that it's enabled and where it's mapped to
2. Changing the settings of a car really can make a difference. I like the Ford Fiesta much more with firm dampers and suspension, especially on icy roads.
Xpander Feb 20, 2018
Quoting: muellKid of sad that I missed Greece. It's my favorite.

Anyway, UK went fine. One crash on the third stage, a few close ones, lots of really small mistakes which add up.

Skully, I fell you. Clean runs and still getting beat by such huge margins is kind of disappointing but on the other having my simulated driver theoretically being alive in the real world at the end of an event is not bad either.

Two observations:

1. Manual windscreen wipers are stupid and made me panic once because I forgot that it's enabled and where it's mapped to
2. Changing the settings of a car really can make a difference. I like the Ford Fiesta much more with firm dampers and suspension, especially on icy roads.

The thing with clean runs is that its slower driving when you are more careful, i could do that also, but i want to push it on the limit and then mistakes happen more often :)

1. I have automatic wipers, didn't even know that you can set them to manual, have to investigate if i have some free buttons, on the locations i can use during driving.

2. Changing settings makes huge difference and depends on the car as well. I didn't enjoy Fiesta much, but then again driving styles are different or i didn't find a good setup for Fiesta. But now i'm too used to Hyundai that if i drive anything else from 2010 group they all feel too alien for me :D
Skully Feb 21, 2018
I used too love the Fiesta. But I find it feels too loose now. It makes me feel like I am going a lot faster than I really am.
I might change to one of the others.
Ninmi Feb 21, 2018
I was meaning to join the next possible thing, but I was wondering if I could somehow join mid-season and collect DNFs with the rest of you guys for the remaining season?
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.