You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
DXVK (D3D11 on Vulkan for WINE) runs Nier Automata!
Page: «5/6»
  Go to:
whizse Mar 11, 2018
Quoting: whizse(Can not for the life of me get dxvk working on anything but 32bit stuff, but that's probably a problem on my end!)
Should not have blamed dxvk here! Everything Vulkan 64bit was crashing for me. Deleting ~/.cache/radv_builtin_shaders solved it.

An uneducated guess is that switching between 32- and 64bit versions of the driver confused radv? I mention it here in case anyone else runs into the same problem, since I guess this mostly concerns Wine. (Very few native 32bit Vulkan games I assume).
Julius Mar 26, 2018
I tried following this directions to get it working with Lutris:
https://forums.lutris.net/t/how-to-setup-dxvk-on-lutris/1704

But I am having issues getting my test game Nier:Automata to run, so far it just crashes at startup. Anyone has an idea what might be going wrong?
libgradev Mar 26, 2018
Quoting: JuliusBut I am having issues getting my test game Nier:Automata to run, so far it just crashes at startup. Anyone has an idea what might be going wrong?

Run Steam in the prefix first, then launch NieR.
Julius Mar 26, 2018
Thanks... but after some playing around with the settings it seems like disabling the steam overly did the trick?

With DXVK the overall framerate in Nier is much better, but does anyone else have this odd every 5 second or so quick stutter? I thought it was shader compiling related and would go away after some play-time, but it seems to persist. Not really major that it would not be playable, but slightly annoying.
YoRHa-2B Mar 28, 2018
QuoteI thought it was shader compiling related and would go away after some play-time, but it seems to persist.
Even if you keep running around in the same area for a while?

Pipeline compilation stutter is nasty and it will happen every time the game uses a combination of shaders that it hasn't used before, and in most games it won't go away completely.
tuubi Mar 28, 2018
Quoting: YoRHa-2BPipeline compilation stutter is nasty and it will happen every time the game uses a combination of shaders that it hasn't used before, and in most games it won't go away completely.
I assume DXVK doesn't have a shader cache of any sort (yet)? I understand you can't precompile much when you're wrapping DX11 at runtime, but a cache should help after first run. But I guess something like this wouldn't be a priority when you've got actual API features to implement.
YoRHa-2B Mar 28, 2018
It does have a shader cache and it's even being used during the first run to speed up compilation of pipelines which are similar to each other (i.e. same shaders, but different blending parameters).

If it's not that, it might also be the game itself which does have some minor stuttering issues even on Windows, especially if you haven't installed the game on an SSD.
Shmerl Mar 28, 2018
Quoting: YoRHa-2BIt does have a shader cache and it's even being used during the first run to speed up compilation of pipelines which are similar to each other

Just FYI in case you missed it: https://github.com/KhronosGroup/Vulkan-Ecosystem/issues/26
Julius Apr 1, 2018
Quoting: YoRHa-2BEven if you keep running around in the same area for a while?

Pipeline compilation stutter is nasty and it will happen every time the game uses a combination of shaders that it hasn't used before, and in most games it won't go away completely.

Yeah, it was pretty much constant... however after updating to the March 31st compile, the stuttering seems to be gone on Nier Automata. Thanks a lot for the great work on DXVK!
Pependos Apr 3, 2018
Game crash at launch. Witcher 3 works fine, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, RiME, The Witness. Other games also crashes - GTA V, Obduction, Alan Wake. And I can't understand what N:A needs to run properly. I install wine3.5 and VulkanSDK, apply dxvk, nothing more. Any suggestions?
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.