Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
DXVK (D3D11 on Vulkan for WINE) runs Nier Automata!
Page: «6/6
  Go to:
Julius Apr 4, 2018
Did you try to disable the steam overlay for N:A as I wrote before? That seem to have fixed the crash for me.
Pependos Apr 10, 2018
My problem solved after enabling 'virtual desktop' in winecfg and doing some tricks with resolution.
Pependos Apr 11, 2018
Good news: suddenly for me, but my DualShock3 works like a charm right out-of-the-box! Just plug-in and enjoy. Bad news: low performance. I have about 18-20 fps on most areas (especially open-air), and my game runs sooooo sloooowwwlllyyy and sssmmmooottthhh, just like in slo-mo videos, even in low settings, even with a 'performance' mode for CPU. Honestly, that's not what I expect after perfect The Witcher 3's 25 fps on max settings in Novigrad main square. Maybe there are some parameters I need to ajust? I prefer the real-time game speed with missing some frames to a 'smooth-and-slowly' game run.
YoRHa-2B Apr 11, 2018
The slow motion thing is caused by the game itself. Basically, if you drop below 30 FPS, you're screwed.

On Windows you can use the FAR mod for the game to work around it, but that doesn't work on Wine/DXVK. In general though, this game is a GPU hog that heavily favours AMD, a 950 probably just doesn't cut it. At least for 1080p.
Pependos Apr 11, 2018
Oh, thanks. And one more question. With dxvk enabled there are no other screen resolutions available except the 'virtual desktop' resolution. In clear new prefix without dxvk there are a lots of resolutions for choose. Is it normal?
YoRHa-2B Apr 11, 2018
Yes. It did actualy support multiple resolutions at one point but it didn't work properly for many games.

If you are building DXVK yourself, you can comment out these two lines and it should show all resolutions. It works in Nier, but causes trouble with most other games due to the buggy DXGI implementation.
popsulfr Apr 12, 2018
Quoting: YoRHa-2BFAR mod for the game to work around it, but that doesn't work on Wine/DXVK.

Well...

This is on Windows though with DXVK enabled. Using the Special K Global Injector and only injecting after starting the game it seems to work.

Haven't tried in wine yet but I expect there to be issues with the Special K injection :(

I have to applaud the progress you've been making with DXVK, this is amazing stuff.
YoRHa-2B Apr 12, 2018
QuoteHaven't tried in wine yet but I expect there to be issues with the Special K injection
Yep, that's why it won't work. I tested this a couple of times, unsuccessfuly.

Anyway, that's some pretty awful framerate. Do you have MSAA enabled or does it really run that poorly on NV?
popsulfr Apr 12, 2018
Quoting: YoRHa-2BYep, that's why it won't work. I tested this a couple of times, unsuccessfuly.

Yeah... heh confirmed this for myself :S: Is this an issue with how Wine handles dynamic libraries ? The injector tries and I get the infamous MGS sound crash. Playing around with taskset and limiting the amount of cores does some weird stuff though, sometimes it just gets stuck or crashes later. I've seen bug reports pertaining to FAR having issues sometimes with the how the cores are used so I gave it shot.

Technically it would be feasible although a huge undertaking to merge the Special K code base with DXVK to make a special version just for NieR:A, right? I mean it works on Windows if it is injected later (but that's maybe an argument on how broken windows is sometimes :P)

Quoting: YoRHa-2BAnyway, that's some pretty awful framerate. Do you have MSAA enabled or does it really run that poorly on NV?

This is without DXVK

So closer to 60 indeed. And I do not have any Anti-aliasing enabled since it doesn't play well with the Ambient Occlusion.

EDIT:

On Wine Staging 3.5 + DXVK 1fb22a6 (wrong commit, sorry) adb1789

The performance is a bit worse on Linux Wine

The only variable I have is DXVK_HUD=1.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.