Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
DiRT Rally GOL League - Group B Extended Season
Page: «4/11»
  Go to:
Skully Apr 28, 2018
DNF for me :(
Xpander Apr 29, 2018
Seems like so many got DNF again like the norm in Monaco. My biggest problem this season has been finding a setup. First 2 stages are always to get the feel and change/fiddle with some setup for the rest of the stages.
I try Shakedown also but they are way too short to get the full picture of the setup.

Next is Germany, which hasn't been my strongest event so far, so lets see if i can find a setup on this one to get along better this time around
Xpander Apr 30, 2018
First post is updated. Germany is on!

Strange thing i noticed today on the dirtrally league website. Saw muell's time on the first stage 5.54:something

and later when i refreshed it it was 5.51:something.. What the...?

anyway, going to drive today also probably..

Germany done. Second stage was the thing that i would like to forget :(

summary:

S1: Clean
S2: 3 spins, 2 with reverse needed, crash into stones
S3: Clean
S4: Spin + flat tire on the last sector when cliping a stone
S5: Small trip to the fields
S6: Clean

i got pretty good setup except break balance. too much in front didnt have enough breaking power, too much to the rear made me go wide too much cause the rear of the car slipped away. so i had somewhere in the middle which was sort of OK but still was sliding too much
tuubi May 2, 2018
Quoting: XpanderGermany done. Second stage was the thing that i would like to forget :(
At least you didn't DNF. This really isn't my season...
Skully May 2, 2018
Germany Done. I have been trying to use my momo wheel again. Thats why I been not as good. I can drive other games like f1 with it fine.
Anyways Yesterday I bought a full racing setup.

Next level gtxtreme cockpit, Logitech g920 wheel and a 42" screen. Hopefully that works better than my old momo mounted on my desk.
Arnvidr May 4, 2018
Quoting: XpanderStrange thing i noticed today on the dirtrally league website. Saw muell's time on the first stage 5.54:something

and later when i refreshed it it was 5.51:something.. What the...?
This has happened to me many times, since there's checkpoints every other stage, if you exit out of the game Alt+F4-style, or it crashes, before you finish the second race in a pair, you're forced to re-do both races. So maybe a rage-quit there or something.

Germany this time around just kept reminding me how utterly out of control I am as soon as I touch the grass. Worst offender in the last stage, where I slid out of bounds and got reset, losing me one place in the result list. But way behind the top 3 guys either way :D
Xpander May 4, 2018
Quoting: SkullyGermany Done. I have been trying to use my momo wheel again. Thats why I been not as good. I can drive other games like f1 with it fine.
Anyways Yesterday I bought a full racing setup.

Next level gtxtreme cockpit, Logitech g920 wheel and a 42" screen. Hopefully that works better than my old momo mounted on my desk.

wooaah, nice :) can you make a picture of your setup, really curious to see and how much it cost to you.

Quoting: ArnvidrThis has happened to me many times, since there's checkpoints every other stage, if you exit out of the game Alt+F4-style, or it crashes, before you finish the second race in a pair, you're forced to re-do both races. So maybe a rage-quit there or something.

ahh yeah, makes sense i have had few crashes(segfaults) in the past also, in Monaco i had to do last 2 stages again because it segfaulted on the middle of the last stage, i blamed nvidia beta drivers.
Xpander May 8, 2018
Ok nvidia 396.18.08 beta drivers are bad, segfaulted on the second stage, so i have to do all again.
installed 396.24 now.

also super weird glitch i had on the first long stage, my starting position was way back from the starting grid place. like good 5 seconds from there. somehow the first animation didnt play where the car goes into the starting position and then i was super far back...

2 stages done now. terrible

S1: crash into advertisment board, reverse needed
S2: flew down the ditch, took some time to find a way out, spin at the hairpin with reverse.

will complete the rest later, dont have time today
Arnvidr May 9, 2018
Talking about glitches, it's what will make me leave the game behind some day. Had a super weird one yesterday, after one of the intermittent freezes I tend to get (where the game freezes for 10 seconds or so before continuing).

I like to use the chase cam, and after it unfroze, the car was zoomed in, while the environment was as before, and the car started handling like a helium balloon.

It was just in one of the regular weekly events, so no big deal, but these things are super annoying.

Will try to do the league event today I think.
tuubi May 9, 2018
Quoting: Xpanderalso super weird glitch i had on the first long stage, my starting position was way back from the starting grid place. like good 5 seconds from there. somehow the first animation didnt play where the car goes into the starting position and then i was super far back...
I've had that happen many times in shakedowns. Never in a proper race so far.

Sometimes I see the car dropping to the ground from high up and I start with a cracked windshield and some damage.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.