You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
DiRT Rally GOL League - Group B Extended Season
Page: «3/11»
  Go to:
tuubi Apr 19, 2018
Started the event earlier, ended up losing a wheel and close to a minute on the second stage. I just finished the rest. A smaller crash here and there, two big ones (somehow didn't cost me that much apparently) on the last stage, overall better than usual.

I did end up using a weird car setup with soft dampers, otherwise I can't make the tyres last past two minutes on these roads. I managed to keep the car surprisingly maneuverable by hardening the suspension and playing with the differentials instead. The jumps were interesting though. The Lancia wasn't built to fly.
Xpander Apr 21, 2018
Ohh boy, got my 144hz monitor back from RMA. What a joy to play again, everything is more responsive.
Had a pretty good run, didn't find a perfect setup though, had too many instabilities from the bumps which killed the car quite a bit also, but the last 4 stages were a bit better in terms of not killing the car that much.
Enjoyed the stages, really fast and had to hold the wheel quite a bit, hands totally tired after 2 long stages already.

summary

S1: lucky spin at high speed, engine stall, around 6 sec lost there
S2: Clean
S3: Clean
S4: Clean
S5: Trip to the fields, maybe 3 sec lost
S6: Clean

edit: and yeah @muell i couldn't get 2 minute cap. I didn't know that 2 of the short stages were the 3.40 zone, i thought all the short ones are around 3:10 or less. so thats where the 1 minute went :)
muell Apr 21, 2018
A minute is still really impressive. I guess Greece and Wales are going to be the really interesting events. Not sure what's going to happen in Monaco and Germany.
Xpander Apr 21, 2018
Quoting: muellA minute is still really impressive. I guess Greece and Wales are going to be the really interesting events. Not sure what's going to happen in Monaco and Germany.

hehe, in Germany i will suck anyway, Monaco depends, every small mistake costs much because there caps aren't big :)

Greece and UK have been usually quite tight indeed.
Xpander Apr 23, 2018
first post updated. Seems not many participants this time around. Need more competition :)
Skully Apr 23, 2018
Oh wait did i miss finland :( I thought i had time still.
Xpander Apr 26, 2018
Monaco done. Few stupid mistakes, overall pretty good.

S1: Clean
S3: Spin on the hairpin
S5: Clean
S6: Crash into stones, reverse was needed
Cmdr_Iras Apr 26, 2018
Quoting: XpanderMonaco done. Few stupid mistakes, overall pretty good.

S1: Clean
S3: Spin on the hairpin
S5: Clean
S6: Crash into stones, reverse was needed

See your few stupid mistakes pales into insignificance compared to mine! Braked to hard going into a hairpin on S1 and flew off the mountain, DNF and thats its for me no more Monaco!
muell Apr 27, 2018
FFS, 3 seconds… This is becoming annoying.
tuubi Apr 28, 2018
Despite one crash, I did a really decent first stage. Then I proceeded to drive off the track right in the beginning of the second. The game doesn't show a DNF because I had a shameful Dirt Rally rage quit moment there.

So yeah, I won't be finishing Monaco either.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.