DiRT Rally GOL League - Group B Extended Season
Page: «10/11»
  Go to:
Soltrumman Jun 25, 2018
Greece done. Had to recover my vehicle 3 times in one minute on the first stage... The other stages went better thankfully. Was fun participating in the league even though the Group B cars are a bit too much for me to handle. :)
Fakeman_Pretendname Jun 29, 2018
I had a few fall-off penalties on the first Greek stage, then things went reasonably smoothly until those bits in Stages 5 and 6 where I always fall off the cliff (in both directions). I wish the co-driver would say "DON'T CUT! I REALLY MEAN IT! DON'T CUT AT ALL! DON'T GO ANYWHERE NEAR THAT EDGE!". Still, I'm pleased I made it to the end of the season without any "terminal damage" failures... though I am a good few minutes behind everyone - but I've noticed I'm getting faster and better in single-player as a result of the practice :) I always really sucked at Group B cars. Now I only slightly suck :)
Xpander Jul 1, 2018
Greece done. Had 2 segfaults, 1 on the 4th stage. Had to do 3rd and 4th again and then on the 5th stage right at the start another segfault. Thanks nvidia. First stages i was flying like crazy, if i didnt have those mistakes there it would have been massive lead. Something happened with muell on the last stage though as i won him by 24 sec there.

Summary:
S1: Roll on the high speed,Lucky i landed on the wheels again.
S2: Spin with reverse, Roll on the corner, too much cutting
S3: Crash into a post with reverse needed
S4: Clean
S5: Lucky Roll again lost maybe 3-4 seconds
S6: Clean
Xpander Jul 1, 2018
So, season is completed. First post updated. Give suggestions for the next Car Class.
in about 1 week i will create a new season.
The Group B cars were quite difficult to control. As someone who slightly sucks at Dirt Rally, I wouldn't mind one of the easier to drive ones (either a later fancy model with amazing grip, or an early model that's too slow to be dangerous), but to be honest I don't mind too much if someone has a better suggestion, or especially wants a particular era :)
Arnvidr Jul 5, 2018
Seems like we've done A and B several times the last year, and also 2010s more than once, so maybe one not done for a while, Kit Cars or something?

edit: But no idea how much I'll be able to play for the next month either way, that time of year when I suddenly will be away for a weeks.
Xpander Jul 5, 2018
Kit Cars are front wheel drive i think? So they are really not fun at all imo.

Maybe 2001s would be fun and quite easy to drive.

I'm going away at the end of the month for a week also, so probably won't be able to participate on one of those events. Going to Jyväskylä Finland to watch the real WRC event :)
tuubi Jul 5, 2018
Welcome to Finland Xpander. Hopefully you'll have fun watching cars fly past. :)

The R4 class is IMHO an easy 4WD class to drive relatively fast. That could be a good choice, and one we haven't tried yet.

Summer has conspired to keep me from finishing a league event for a few weeks, but I haven't given up or lost interest.
Skully Jul 6, 2018
Congrats on your win Xpander! I would also prefer not to drive group B or 2010 for a bit.
Xpander Jul 6, 2018
Quoting: tuubiWelcome to Finland Xpander. Hopefully you'll have fun watching cars fly past. :)

Thanks. I have been there like 7-8 times already. Jyväskylä is like second home lol. Gonna enjoy the event even when you don't manage to get good positions for watching the cars flying past.

Quoting: tuubiThe R4 class is IMHO an easy 4WD class to drive relatively fast. That could be a good choice, and one we haven't tried yet.

Sounds like a plan indeed
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.