Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
DiRT Rally GOL League - Group B Extended Season
Page: «9/11»
  Go to:
Fakeman_Pretendname Jun 11, 2018
I'm really enjoying it, so I'd love to do another after this one. It's probably the best racing game I've ever played - and the "you can race any time you're free during the week" is so much easier to fit around work/life than trying to be available for specific days and times for simultaneous online racing.

I've got my Germany time in already - I definitely lost a minute from silly mistakes (bumping into rocks and skidding into crowds of people), but it's interesting to go first - there's no time to compare against, so I have no idea how much I suck until everyone else's time comes in :)
tuubi Jun 11, 2018
Quoting: XpanderFirst post updated. Seems this league is starting to dry up a bit. Have to think about next one, but i would still like to do it, cause i still love this game :)
I'm definitely still in. I'm actually really bummed that I didn't manage to find the time to finish last week's event in the end due to surprise social obligations.

Quoting: nox
Quoting: Xpander
Quoting: noxI've been paying attention to this thread, but I just can't bring myself to sign up when you only have one shot :P

thats the beauty of it :) Its hard but you will get used to it.. its like real life, you only have 1 life lol

The point was just to give some feedback that would make me and maybe lady to give it a go :)
That would make it a totally different kind of race. Personally I like only getting one go at it. Sometimes that means I won't finish at all, but so what. I'll try to drive more carefully next time. Retries would feel like cheating. :P
Redface Jun 11, 2018
I am still in even if I do not have a chance a good positions, I just had no time last week.
Xpander Jun 11, 2018
Quoting: noxThe point was just to give some feedback that would make me and maybe lady to give it a go :)

Just Go at it :) Having restarts would ruin the fun imo, i could probably just keep improving and improving times then. If you go online racing against someone, you will loose your car on the first corner, its about the same, or playing say Battle Royale game, you die, you are out. The thing that makes Dirt Rally so good is the pretty authentic handling and the thing that we dont have to commit ourselves into some schedule to drive, we have 1 week to do our times :)

So give it a go, if you don't like it, you don't have to participate, nothing is forced :) just go on with your own pace :)
Arnvidr Jun 16, 2018
After two DNF I finally managed to finish this event, and felt that I did pretty good as well! Had a few faceplants into some roadside rocks, and one reset in the second stage after forgetting how bad the brakes were on my car, but still ended up just about a minute behind muell.
Xpander Jun 17, 2018
Getting segfault after segfault with nvidia 396.24.02 drivers, was about to drive really good time, segfaulted on the last sector, then twice more on the middle of the first stage..rolling back to 396.24 regular ones...

ok..fucking ragequit now... segfaults with 396.24 also

managed to do 3 stages:
first was clean, second one had +15 penalty for running over pedestrians, third was clean

ok calmed down a bit and tried again.

S1: Clean
S2: Crash into people +15 sec
S3: Clean
S4: Crash into people +15 sec + crash into stones with reverse needed
S5: Clean
S6: Clean

edit: i think it even wasn't nvidia driver issue. I was running steam-native. last 4 stages i did with steam-runtime and zero segfaults
tuubi Jun 18, 2018
Missed the event again. Only had time to do the first stage yesterday evening. :(

Damn social obligations and summer messing with my game time. I should have some time this week though. I hope.
Xpander Jun 18, 2018
Quoting: tuubiMissed the event again. Only had time to do the first stage yesterday evening. :(

Damn social obligations and summer messing with my game time. I should have some time this week though. I hope.

yeah i almost missed the event also. Summer is not good for computer games.. luckily i had some time sunday evening
Soltrumman Jun 19, 2018
Wales went pretty ok, had a flat tyre on the second stage but only two checkpoints left so i continued on, of course i drove off the road a few hundred meters from the finish line and had to use the Group B-power to fly back on the road. Took the remaing stages pretty cautiously so not exactly a stellar time in the end, but i made it through.
Xpander Jun 24, 2018
Wales done. Holy hell how small the cap with muell was. I had clean run on all stages pretty much. Had 2 engine stops after jumps though which cost me some valuable time, seems Lancia has those things sometimes, or maybe im using gas pedal and break to much at the same time so engine stalls.

Summary:
S1: Clean
S2: Clean (engine stop after jump)
S3: Clean
S4: Clean (engine stop after jump)
S5: Clean, went quite wide on the down hill hairpin though
S6: Clean
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.