Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
DiRT Rally GOL League - Group B Extended Season
Page: «6/11»
  Go to:
Xpander May 26, 2018
Quoting: Fakeman_PretendnameHi guys,

Is it possible to join the league halfway through the season, or should I wait for the next one?

Steam/Codemasters name is also Fakeman Pretendname.

Many thanks :)
You can join in the middle also. I accepted you to the league. you have a day and a bit more to get the Finland done and then there are 5 more events to run :)
tuubi May 26, 2018
Completely destroyed my radiator and various other parts of the car in the crashfest that was the first two stages. The rest of the event I was basically trying to keep the car in one piece. By the last stage it sounded and felt like I was driving a steam engine, but somehow I mostly managed to keep it on the road and moving forward. Did very well, considering.
Fakeman_Pretendname May 26, 2018
Thanks for letting me in the league!

I've completed the Finnish stages, though not very successfully.

I must admit I've always struggled with the Group B cars, and I expected to be off the pace... but maybe not quite so much :)

I had a dreadful first few rounds (13 trees trashed, 2 Finns flattened, 1 puncture, 3 spins, half a radiator ruined), which was pretty much unrecoverable from regarding times. Everyone slower than me seems to have dropped out a few rounds in.

The other rounds were relatively smooth, but I was consistently 1 minute off the pace on the short tracks anyway - except for round 4 where I got a puncture 10 seconds in, and completed the round with a few spectacular smashes, a 2nd puncture and a few amazing barrel rolls. I crawled over the line with a tyre missing and no doors. I think even without accidents, I'd have been about 8 minutes off the pace.

Slightly embarrassingly bad, but I enjoyed myself - and better than a DNF I guess :)
Arnvidr May 26, 2018
Welcome to the league, pretender!

Forgot to post about my run through early in the week. I think I had a puncture, which I repaired, so 90 seconds extra time lost there, otherwise I don't think I had too many disasters. I was the only driver past stage 2 at that point though, so I have no idea how far behind I ended up in the end, so I'm looking forward to checking it out now :D
Skully May 26, 2018
I did alright'ish. Did get a puncture somewhere in there :(
Xpander May 28, 2018
First post updated. Next is Monaco.

Hope i can drive thisone also. Will have a finger operation today and that's my gear shifting finger, lets see.
tuubi May 28, 2018
Quoting: XpanderFirst post updated. Next is Monaco.

Hope i can drive thisone also. Will have a finger operation today and that's my gear shifting finger, lets see.
Good luck with the operation. You could always switch to automatic gears for a while if you want to give the finger a rest. I bet you'd still be almost as fast.
Xpander May 28, 2018
Quoting: tuubiGood luck with the operation. You could always switch to automatic gears for a while if you want to give the finger a rest. I bet you'd still be almost as fast.

Thanks. Operation went well i think. At least its good atm. Can't use the finger for several days though. Automatic gearbox is an option indeed, but it sounds weird. Can you still use downshifting with automatic gearbox? i need this for taking corners :D
tuubi May 28, 2018
Quoting: XpanderCan you still use downshifting with automatic gearbox? I need this for taking corners :D
I don't think you can with full automatic. Obviously you'll lose some control because of this. But hey, at least you can still drive.
Skully May 28, 2018
I think you can. But you also have other fingers.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.