Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
DiRT Rally GOL League - Group B Extended Season
Page: «8/11»
  Go to:
Soltrumman Jun 5, 2018
Sweden went pretty ok for me, only six or so pirouettes, i think i even managed to finish one stage without spinning out. Some parts of the Swedish stages feel like they have no margin for error when trying to drift, cut it to close and get caught in snow and spin out, too late and smash into the snow wall and lose momentum. Really hard to find a rhythm and keep it going.
Xpander Jun 5, 2018
Done for me also.Lots of spins and smaller mistakes. Quite weird i won with such a huge cap to muell.

Summary:
S1: Spin
S2: Spin
S3: Countless spins
S4: Clean
S5: Clean
S6: 2 Spins

made a video also, will upload it and update this post once its ready.

video:
had flipping disabled from nvidia-settings, some extreme tearing in places :(
seems no tearing, my smplayer played tricks on me

https://youtu.be/sc8ccq2C2do
Soltrumman Jun 5, 2018
Nice driving there Xpander! Good to see it's possible to drive fast on the snow stages, i'll have to practice those some more. :)
It's really interesting to see a video of you doing the same stages - I was 2 minutes behind on that first stage, and generally 30 - 60 seconds behind on the other stages. I did have more spins/crashes on some stages, but even my relatively clean ones were quite a way off the pace. I was about 8 minutes behind overall.

I think I'm going too cautiously and braking far too much at almost every corner, because I'm scared of "no restarts", and after exploding my tires and running several spectators over in Finland, I thought I better calm down a bit :) Sweden was relatively clean, in my terms i.e. I hit no trees, killed nobody and finished with all my tires. I spent quite a bit of time getting stuck in the snow at the sides and spinning though. Fun anyway :)
tuubi Jun 8, 2018
I tried playing this morning but gave up in frustration when one of our neighbours started busting up their bathroom with a pneumatic hammer. I simply couldn't hear the co-driver. I'll try again during the weekend if I can find the time.
Arnvidr Jun 8, 2018
Oh Sweden, always a new surprise up your sleeve.

This week:
20 seconds - jump off the road and get lodged between two trees.
2 minutes - faceplant into a bridge railing and get a DNF

Shortest event ever.
Xpander Jun 11, 2018
First post updated. Seems this league is starting to dry up a bit. Have to think about next one, but i would still like to do it, cause i still love this game :)
nox Jun 11, 2018
I've been paying attention to this thread, but I just can't bring myself to sign up when you only have one shot :P
Xpander Jun 11, 2018
Quoting: noxI've been paying attention to this thread, but I just can't bring myself to sign up when you only have one shot :P

thats the beauty of it :) Its hard but you will get used to it.. its like real life, you only have 1 life lol
nox Jun 11, 2018
Quoting: Xpander
Quoting: noxI've been paying attention to this thread, but I just can't bring myself to sign up when you only have one shot :P

thats the beauty of it :) Its hard but you will get used to it.. its like real life, you only have 1 life lol

The point was just to give some feedback that would make me and maybe lady to give it a go :)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.